12v accessory socket in the boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12v accessory socket in the boot

Not standard in the hatch, only the older ST's I believe.

They have dropped the socket in the boot on the ST MY2014's??!!!!

Comment

My 2011 has one. Top right of the boot iirc not the most obvious to be honest

Comment

Keeefy, on 01 July 2014 - 04:23 PM, said:
        I thought all the St's had them was one reason I considered one as my next car.

Nope - none of them from now on.... ??

At least you know how to fit one now though

Comment

I used a replacement blade fuse with breakout wire for the live and used a hole on the inside metalwork for the ground on mine.

Comment

I think the luggage compartment socket was dropped from the ST in 2012 (MY2013). Mine does't have one. Although, it was still listed as standard on the online configurator in spring of 2013.

It is listed as an accessory on the VX accessories page. http://www.vauxhall-...ry-power-socket

I bought one, but it comes without detailed fitting instructions. Just tells you to cut a hole in the trim and plug it in. The assumption being that there is a spur in the loom ready for it.

I haven't got around to fitting mine yet.
            Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

Correct
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Might have a go at this as well in my hatch. Been going to invest in a plug in cool box for longer journeys to use for drinks so would save having wire coming into the cabin and I could keep it secure in the boot.

Comment

Ground it to the body mate.??I found an unused hole in the inside metalwork near the fusebox and used a large self tapper and ring crimp.

Comment

Working...
                  X