Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never had an issue seeing mine. I only fit red ones and fit them all in the same place....on the outside of the tweeter cover at an angle with a mount. That way, it still catches your eye during the day if it regens in daylight and the angle makes sure it doesn't blind you at night.

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post
      I've never had an issue seeing mine. I only fit red ones and fit them all in the same place....on the outside of the tweeter cover at an angle with a mount. That way, it still catches your eye during the day if it regens in daylight and the angle makes sure it doesn't blind you at night.
      Can you attach a picture of your please bud? I’ve thought about doing mine on the outside, but didn’t know what it would look like? And like you pointed out it being blinding at night

Comment

• Originally posted by G!zzard1533 View Post

Can you attach a picture of your please bud? I’ve thought about doing mine on the outside, but didn’t know what it would look like? And like you pointed out it being blinding at night
        Ok......off
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20230405_195610.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	343784

OnClick image for larger version

Name:	20230405_195615.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	343785drivers postion off

Name:	20230405_195714.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	343786drivers position on

Name:	20230405_195708.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	343787

Comment

• Don't know what the problem was with mine, but it certainly works when the rear demister is on.... trouble is the rear demister seems to come on when it wants to, not seen it light as a result of a regen yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tricky View Post
            Don't know what the problem was with mine, but it certainly works when the rear demister is on.... trouble is the rear demister seems to come on when it wants to, not seen it light as a result of a regen yet.
            Your regen light will come on when you switch your rear demister on......but its not doing a regen when this happens.

when doing a regen the led will come on but your rear demister light won't.

Comment

• Thanks for this, I was wondering about doing something to notify when the regen is taking place and was considering connecting an LED to the radiator fan wire, this is an interesting workaround!
              Ive decided to connect a 130db klaxon to mine so I dont miss when its happening.

Comment

• Thanks for this, I was wondering about doing something to notify when the regen is taking place and was considering connecting an LED to the radiator fan wire, this is an interesting workaround!
                Ive decided to connect a 130db klaxon to mine so I dont miss when its happening.

Comment

• As its turning on the de mist and mirror heaters has anyone noticed it shows up on the info display as a 'top consumer' ? Im guessing it will.

Comment

• Originally posted by P7ULD View Post
                    As its turning on the de mist and mirror heaters has anyone noticed it shows up on the info display as a 'top consumer' ? Im guessing it will.
                    Yes it will however not all cars have the top consumer in the menu screen. I've 2 insignias 1 has it the other doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Fitted this today. Thank you for the guide and tips by others! Was pretty painless. I went for the 3mm LEDs just enough so the light can be noticed.

Name:	IMG_3468.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	362357

Comment

• I fitted the LED a few months ago but I have only seen it come on a few times and only stays lit for less than a minute. I dont do many miles but I do take it for a blast down the motorway regularly.

How long does it stay illuminated when the regen is happening? Does it just come on for a minute to create extra load to get the engine hot and then just continue with the regen? I do notice the economy graph goes down for a while around the time the LED comes on so it is throwing a diesel in the DPF.

Comment

Working...
                        X