X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weccu View Post
    Excellent how2!
    Does anyone have any idea if the wiring goes at same way at LHD cars?
    It should be as the systems are the same.
    only on opposite sides.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

It should be as the systems are the same.
      only on opposite sides.
      I'll confirm this after I get my led's from china and make this happen.

Comment

MattG Nice job. Also a nice discreet position.
        Weccu LHD is the same just on the opposite side. The wiring is the same with the Black wire being negative and black striped wire live.

Comment

Originally posted by Weccu View Post

I'll confirm this after I get my led's from china and make this happen.
          Around Easter

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Around Easter
            That might be true...before christmas would be nice

Comment

Weccu LHD is the same just on the opposite side. The wiring is the same with the Black wire being negative and black striped wire live.
              Thank you for this info!

Comment

Great write up.

Comment

Hats off to OP AussieAl , I fitted mine today great write up and literally as described guide.

​​​​​​Thank you.

Need to get one fitted into the Astra J but that's seems a bit more work.

Attached Files

Comment

Vx-Man-G Top job See you went for the Blue in the end as well. You’ll feel like a kid at Christmas now just waiting for the first DPF regen to kick in so you can admire your handy work.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieAl View Post
                      Vx-Man-G Top job See you went for the Blue in the end as well. You’ll feel like a kid at Christmas now just waiting for the first DPF regen to kick in so you can admire your handy work.
                      LOL, I already am like a kid, I went for a drive to test it... thead​​​​​​, just kept putting the rear demister on.

I love making weird buttons work and having a light for something.

I remember on my old Vectra B, I mad a Traffic Master switch on the dash which would open and lock the doors. That was epic too. A dead button put to use.

​​​​

​​

Comment

Super stuff. Just done this on mine. Thanks for the upload

Comment

SwedishMeatball Top job. What colour did you go for? Did you install inside the speaker?

Comment

Hey AussieAl , I had my LED come on this morning whilst on the school run.

Quick query, it came on for a while, went off, then came back on, then went off, and now is off. I guess the regen has completed? All in all about 6 miles I had to do this morning.

Comment

Do you have auto de-mist with your model? My light came on while I was on the motorway on Sunday and it usually stays on constant for about 8-10mins while the regen performs. If I stop while the regen light is still on my idle rev sits on around 1000 where usually when the regen is not happening my idle is 850. Bear in mind the regen only takes as long as the pressure sensor says it needs to be in regen mode so if it’s a newer model (mines 2009) the regen process is more efficient and doesn’t need to stay on long to clear the DPF.
                              Best thing to do is once the light has been on, set your trip meter to zero and then when you get a chance connect in to your OBD and check to see the distance travelled since your DPF was last performed. If it matches your Trip meter then you know everything has worked exactly as planned.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieAl View Post
                                Do you have auto de-mist with your model? My light came on while I was on the motorway on Sunday and it usually stays on constant for about 8-10mins while the regen performs. If I stop while the regen light is still on my idle rev sits on around 1000 where usually when the regen is not happening my idle is 850. Bear in mind the regen only takes as long as the pressure sensor says it needs to be in regen mode so if it’s a newer model (mines 2009) the regen process is more efficient and doesn’t need to stay on long to clear the DPF.
                                Best thing to do is once the light has been on, set your trip meter to zero and then when you get a chance connect in to your OBD and check to see the distance travelled since your DPF was last performed. If it matches your Trip meter then you know everything has worked exactly as planned.
                                Good idea.

yes, my car has the auto-demist function, which is set to on in the settings.
                                I did notice my revs were at 1000rpm too.

Comment

Working...
                                X