winter tyres. worth it or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winter tyres. worth it or not?

People who put winter tyres on tend to swear by them. As I've just written I'm very tempted to give them a go.

For the bit of cash you'll get for the 17s,it's not a bad idea to keep em and use them though winter,

I not bother with winter tyres just use the ones already on,

Winter knocks the **** out of wheels,itl keep your new 20s like new!!
    sigpic

Comment

Or Just get a siggy with 4 wheel drive!!
      sigpic

Comment

Teldev wat size are your spare wheels?

Comment

Nice bit of thread revival...

Comment

I have Pirreli scorpion verde all season tyres on mine , just didn't have any snow to play in this winter

Comment

This has actually got me thinking. Many owners switch to winter tyres during the winter months and usually have a different set of wheels / alloys with the winter tyres fitted. So my question is, when swapping wheels if they are not the same as what was on the car then should this be declared to the insurance as a modification? You are probably most likely to have an accident during poor weather of the winter months so you wouldn't want your claim refused by insurance.

What do others think?
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Each insurer has their own approach to this. I declare because, as the reverse of your example, my winter tyres are on my standard 18 rims, whereas my insurance by default is for my 'mod' 19s.

It hasn't cost me anything with any insurer so far.

Comment

I don't tell them now after the first time I was told I didn't need to. Sadly since buying them they've seen very little snow.

They do feel better in general over the winter though.

Comment

I had winter tyres on my vec c, it did make a difference. Not had any snow to test in the siggy without winters so can't compare how well the siggy will cope.

Comment

Working...
                    X