Power mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power mirrors

Hi all, I'm new to the siggy world so apologies if this has been covered before. As you may deduce, I have power mirrors on an Elite and it just seems strange to me, that when I lock the car with the remote, the mirrors don't fold automatically on the one dab of the key. Anyone else queried this, or have any remedies? I can turn the facility on or off, but it still takes two separate pushes to operate.

Daveb1089

Stupid boy that I am!!!

Thanks Andy, I was told it was two different pushes. Thank god for forums eh.

Daveb1089

Comment

Only if you hold the unlock button down for too long.

Comment

What happens if you just "blip" the key?

Comment

No, the mirrors do not open on movement or ignition on.

Comment

I have power folding mirrors on my SRi Nav, but i can't unfold or fold mirrors with my remote.

On the manual it say.

'Activation or deactivation of this

function can be changed in the menu

Settings in the Info-Display.'

'Comf. closing mirror fold: Activate

or deactivate folding of the exterior

mirrors with remote control.'

I can't see these settings on my comfort settings, any ideas

IN MEMORY OF NIGHTSCREAM THE 1.6 TURBO SRI NAV
            Now driving - Mazda 6 Tourer SE-L Lux Nav+ 2.0 143 Skyactiv-G

Comment

you haven't got power mirrors then, just electrically heated and adjustable
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

0011728, on 26 March 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:
                you haven't got power mirrors then, just electrically heated and adjustable

I do i press the knob down on the mirror control and the mirrors fold in.

Comment

Anyone else have ideas

Comment

sriray, on 30 March 2014 - 12:57 AM, said:
                    Anyone else have ideas

Press the lock button twice, but on the second press, hold it down for a couple of seconds, the mirrors should fold (if you have the option).

Comment

acevuk, on 30 March 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:
                      Press the lock button twice, but on the second press, hold it down for a couple of seconds, the mirrors should fold (if you have the option).

I shall try this cheers.

Comment

acevuk, on 30 March 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:

Just tried this, and nothing happened. I definately have power folding mirrors though. Hmmm.

Comment

Think there is something in the Config menu for this - will have a look later when I'm back in the car.

Comment

acevuk, on 31 March 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:
                            Think there is something in the Config menu for this - will have a look later when I'm back in the car.

I've check my comfort settings in configuration and can't find this. Weird i thought it would have it as my car has the power folding feature.

Comf. closing mirror fold: Activate or deactivate folding of the exterior mirrors with remote control

Comment

sriray, on 31 March 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:
                              I've check my comfort settings in configuration and can't find this. Weird i thought it would have it as my car has the power folding feature.

Comf. closing mirror fold: Activate or deactivate folding of the exterior mirrors with remote control

That's the one - weird that yours doesn't seem to have it - you are trying the menus with the ignition on aren't you? Some options only appear when ignition is on!

TBH I only use mine for folding in the mirrors anyway, as when I unlock, the same function puts all the windows down as well! Got used to pressing the switch when I get in the car. Maybe you'll have to do the same to press the switch before you get out as well!

Comment

Working...
                              X