Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding ambient lighting, where to access the existing dimmer circuit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the gas man just bought those lights you have but im pretty much a novice at any wiring or anything, was it easy to install? where do tie in to the cigarette lighter power?

Comment

Does anyone know of a how 2 for fitting the ambient lighting please

Comment

Hi not really an how to , this is what you need https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373104004...AAAOSw8XVhy7p0

and just tap into your 12v aux/ciggy lighter power, then colours , brightness can be controlled via Bluetooth from your phone

Comment

Thanks gas man.
          I'll get it on order now

Comment

Silly question but how do we get it on to power? Someone mentioned the rear aux. Is that straight into the socket or can we wire it direct somehow under the gear stick cover? Do we need to cut wires? Disconnect battery etc?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdmiralCS View Post
              Silly question but how do we get it on to power? Someone mentioned the rear aux. Is that straight into the socket or can we wire it direct somehow under the gear stick cover? Do we need to cut wires? Disconnect battery etc?
              Rear plug that goes into the 12v socket/cigar lighter.

Comment

Ill post a pic up tomorrow ov exactly what to do

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
                  Ill post a pic up tomorrow ov exactly what to do
                  That would be much appreciated mate thanks. Just ordered it off eBay, looking forward to it coming.
                  Cheers

Comment

I tapped into the Siggy lighter below the head unit. There are 2 yellow wires, the thinner of the 2 will allow dimming via the rocker nect to the head light adjuster

Comment

Am I right in thinking I need 2 sets to be able to do dash, front and rear doors?

Comment

Originally posted by justin43 View Post
                        I tapped into the Siggy lighter below the head unit. There are 2 yellow wires, the thinner of the 2 will allow dimming via the rocker nect to the head light adjuster
                        Did you have to pull stuff out to get to the wire? Is it easy enough? Would be good to have it dimmable via the rocker rather than having to get the phone out each time.

Comment

Did you have to pull stuff out to get to the wire? Is it easy enough? Would be good to have it dimmable via the rocker rather than having to get the phone out each time.
                          The front ashtray assembly needs to be removed....that's it buddy.

Comment

As mentioned the only thing that needs to be removed is the ashtray and siggy lighter surround.

Ive got a load of pics on my phone if you need any help.

Comment

As mentioned the only thing that needs to be removed is the ashtray and siggy lighter surround.

If you've got them id love to see for info, cheers

Comment

Hi mate, any chance of those pics? Got my kit today so going to give it a go later

Comment

Working...
                                X