Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof curtain guides

Hi there,
    My boys have testing their mechanical skills. So after hold the curtain while was opening the side guides of the curtain got loose and the curtain is now hanging. The curtain engine it works and I can move it, but the curtain doesn’t roll in the back.
    Anyone know if this problem can be repaired?

You need to hope there is an Opel owner can answer. Unfortunately the panoramic roof was not an option in the UK so extremely rare for anyone to have one.

Comment

First off, thank you for your answer. I didn’t know that the sunroof wouldn’t be a worldwide option. Mine is a Insignia A Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof.
      I know that the full spare part cost is about £500, this is the reason because I would like know if can be repaired.

Comment

It probably can ,but your best bet in my mind is to find a company that deals in the repair or figment of sunroofs .
        they are complex pieces of machinery.
        and not for the faint hearted to take apart
        looks like the blind is part of the panoramic cassette mechanism
        so it's either the glass panels have to come out
        or roof lining to be dropped
        to see what is broken or repairable

12-34 good quality!

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I’ve been reading about the sunroof in the Audi forum and seem that after got broken they are usually replacing the full spare part.
          Im going to follow your advice and look for a garage specialized in sun roofs.

Comment

I've checked my sunscreen but couldn't see exactly how it's normally opened and closed, but there seems to be something connected to the from of it. There are at least two screws in from which seems to be connected to something. What's that round thing shown on the second image? I didn't see that with mines...

Comment

The second picture shows the part what came out and as I understand is what is fixing the curtain fabric, is like a metallic strip. I think that this strip is rolling the fabric in the back.

Comment

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem and root cause! The curious nature of my boys destroyed my curtain. I disassembled the headliner and removed the curtain.

The spring on one of the sides got all scrambled and the glue came off. I think the problem was that a very small piece of plastic broke, which made the curtain to try to roll back on one side while was still secure on the other.

If you find a second hand curtain is not too difficult too replace it. But, for me at least, it would take 1 complete weekend from morning to night and I am not sure if I would be able to finish it. For the headliner removing and putting it back you need 2 persons. And my wife is not very happy to help with this.

Fixing the curtain by myself is almost impossible, so I will not try. I guess I would need to buy a spring with the exact same measures. Cut the holes that secure the curtain to the moving part. Glue the curtain to the spring. And insert it back. Easier said than done.

I will not buy a new part because it is very expensive and I don’t have any hopes of finding one second hand because it is a lot of work to take it apart from another car to seek it.

If you go ahead with disassembling it I advise you not to take out completely the sunshades (just unscrew them) and also do not take the back reading light out. These 2 steps are o the service manual but are not needed and to put it back again is a pain in the ***.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JFonseca View Post
                    Hi,

I had exactly the same problem and root cause! The curious nature of my boys destroyed my curtain. I disassembled the headliner and removed the curtain.

The spring on one of the sides got all scrambled and the glue came off. I think the problem was that a very small piece of plastic broke, which made the curtain to try to roll back on one side while was still secure on the other.

If you find a second hand curtain is not too difficult too replace it. But, for me at least, it would take 1 complete weekend from morning to night and I am not sure if I would be able to finish it. For the headliner removing and putting it back you need 2 persons. And my wife is not very happy to help with this.

Fixing the curtain by myself is almost impossible, so I will not try. I guess I would need to buy a spring with the exact same measures. Cut the holes that secure the curtain to the moving part. Glue the curtain to the spring. And insert it back. Easier said than done.

I will not buy a new part because it is very expensive and I don’t have any hopes of finding one second hand because it is a lot of work to take it apart from another car to seek it.

If you go ahead with disassembling it I advise you not to take out completely the sunshades (just unscrew them) and also do not take the back reading light out. These 2 steps are o the service manual but are not needed and to put it back again is a pain in the ***.
                    Wow, it seem to be a hard work, I have been trying to find a second hand curtain in my country without success, I’m only found one in Germany which is sold together with the sunroof and doesn’t ship to other countries.
                    Fixing the damaged one doesn’t seem to be an easy task, since I don’t think possible stick it.
                    I heard about people who finally has tinted dark the sunroof and has removed the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by Javico View Post

Wow, it seem to be a hard work, I have been trying to find a second hand curtain in my country without success, I’m only found one in Germany which is sold together with the sunroof and doesn’t ship to other countries.
                      Fixing the damaged one doesn’t seem to be an easy task, since I don’t think possible stick it.
                      I heard about people who finally has tinted dark the sunroof and has removed the curtain.
                      If the shipping is the only problem we might be able to work around that issue...

Comment

Hello @JFonseca and @Javico.

I have exact same issue in my Insignia A Sports Tourer. Could you please let me know if you were able to fix the problem ?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
                        Chirag

Comment

Originally posted by Chiragshah710 View Post

I have exact same issue in my Insignia A Sports Tourer. Could you please let me know if you were able to fix the problem ?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
                          Chirag
                          Doubt you'll get an answer,they've both not been on forum for over 2 yrs......and the sunroof wasn't an option on the Insignia A,preface ,and facelift,in the UK
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Hello exclusiv.

Ohh ****... I am doomed. Was hoping for some answers.. Opel garage game me a quote of €3500.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiragshah710 View Post

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
                              Chirag
                              Finally I assembled a solar film, cheaper than replace.

Comment

Working...
                              X