Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facelift glove box removal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Facelift glove box removal

    As the title says. I want to fit a Nextbase hard wire kit & it looks like the glove box will have to be removed to get access to route the cable. I can only find one bolt on the top centre edge of the glove box, cant find any more though or any thing else holding it in.
    Any body removed a facelift glove box?

    Many Thanks

  • #2
    many times...........there should be 2 along the top and there is 1 on each side where the hinge comes down
    https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

    Comment


    • #3
      Plenty of times, 4 bolts in total as previously mentioned, 2 at the top and 2 tucked in at the bottom either side

      Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks very much. Will have another look, but all i could see last time i looked was 1 bolt in the centre & a rubber buffer type thing either side of the bolt.

        Comment


        • #5
          facelift and preface are all the same buddy
          https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mick.n View Post
            Thanks very much. Will have another look, but all i could see last time i looked was 1 bolt in the centre & a rubber buffer type thing either side of the bolt.
            Can route cable without removing, but is easier to have it removed.

            P30 lite using Tapatalk



            MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

            Comment


            • #7
              Finally got around to doing this today. There was one bolt on the top centre, 3 bolts along the bottom & 2 bolts behind the side panel. I wasted time by looking for the glove box light switch. Turns out there isnt one & the lighti goes out on a timer when the doors are closed after a short-ish delay.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mick.n View Post
                Finally got around to doing this today. There was one bolt on the top centre, 3 bolts along the bottom & 2 bolts behind the side panel. I wasted time by looking for the glove box light switch. Turns out there isnt one & the lighti goes out on a timer when the doors are closed after a short-ish delay.
                Just read Ur post on the heated rear window switch.

                Now it explains why ower glovebox removal didn't match up with yours

                I've adjusted your details to show the year and model i.e - 2017 GS.

                As it's certainly confusing members who explain things but its different to your car.
                https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RBH View Post

                  Just read Ur post on the heated rear window switch.

                  Now it explains why ower glovebox removal didn't match up with yours

                  I've adjusted your details to show the year and model i.e - 2017 GS.

                  As it's certainly confusing members who explain things but its different to your car.
                  I queried this in his welcome thread but didn't get an answer.

                  Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                  Hi,

                  2017 facelift.....Just to clarify, is the car an Insignia A facelift or are you referring to the Insignia B as a facelift?
                  I think we could do with set mandatory info in members side profiles. The times members need to dig for this info when a new member asks for help in ridiculous.

                  Last edited by marko301; 17-05-2021, 07:51 AM.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by marko301 View Post

                    I queried this in his welcome thread but didn't get an answer.



                    I think we could do with set mandatory info in members side profiles. The times members need to dig for this info when a new member asks for help in ridiculous.
                    Great idea There's one also running about a headlight.

                    The member who joined doesn't own it ....he joined up for a neighbour
                    https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RBH View Post

                      Great idea There's one also running about a headlight.

                      The member who joined doesn't own it ....he joined up for a neighbour
                      It's why I also ask new members to post a picture of their car as half the time they don't know what they have!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        A bit like the old days of the internet chat rooms !
                        Age
                        sex
                        location
                        esp location ,as different markets have different spec levels and engines
                        also it could weedle out some not so desirable people .
                        not much to ask , and it would make diagnosis a bit more simpler .



                        12-46777 cludo


                        .K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by marko301 View Post

                          I queried this in his welcome thread but didn't get an answer.
                          a

                          Marko301, sorry that i didnt respond to your post, i always try to make a point of replying to posts, but this one obviously slipped through the net.
                          Thanks again for all the help i have received, much appreciated.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mick.n View Post
                            Marko301, sorry that i didnt respond to your post, i always try to make a point of replying to posts, but this one obviously slipped through the net.
                            Thanks again for all the help i have received, much appreciated.
                            Not to worry. We'll get something in place to help new owners know which car they have. In your case a 2017 Insignia can be a late Insignia A facelift or an early Insignia B pre facelift. Some have confused the Insignia B as the facelift. Which actually has a facelift since early 2021.

                            Gets confusing
                            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X