Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headliner

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Headliner

    Morning folks,

    Doe's the headliner from the Preface fit the face lift??
    2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
    Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Under Bonnet Mirrors, RS Bonnet Vents, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, Camaro 32mm x 355mm Discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" VX Line Elite Alloys, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam.

  • #2
    Good morning Foz as far as I can tell the man from delmontie says yes
    but of course if you have a sunroof or moon roof then it will be different
    and of course saloon ,estate and hatchback of notradamme are all different.
    But im sure some cleaver person will say different!


    .K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

    Comment


    • #3
      Morning big cheese.

      I've decided that instead of swapping out my beige one for a black one that i'll just remove mine and fabric paint it black along with the pillars and everything else.

      A big 10/4
      2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
      Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Under Bonnet Mirrors, RS Bonnet Vents, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, Camaro 32mm x 355mm Discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" VX Line Elite Alloys, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Foz1261 View Post
        Morning big cheese.

        I've decided that instead of swapping out my beige one for a black one that i'll just remove mine and fabric paint it black along with the pillars and everything else.

        A big 10/4
        I think Russ did that to his. He might be able to give you some tips if you've never done it before.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by marko301 View Post

          I think Russ did that to his. He might be able to give you some tips if you've never done it before.
          Russ any tips pal
          2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
          Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Under Bonnet Mirrors, RS Bonnet Vents, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, Camaro 32mm x 355mm Discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" VX Line Elite Alloys, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi sorry for late reply.

            Long days at work just seen this.

            Yea the facelift and preface are the same it will drop out once you have removed all the handles sun visors and light trims theirs no glue holding it in

            I gave the autoglym cans ago they were shite and expensive to just use black dye and buy yourself a spray bottle from bnq their like 99p once you have the dye fill the spray bottle half water half dye. Your going to want to do this outside and have the headliner on a table or something thats even and not on the side as itl run and look shite i did as many coats until it was black left it for a few hours in the sun to bake then we popped it back in the car. Its much easier when theirs 2 of you as its a bit fiddly getting it back in

            The side pillars well the A pillars are an arse to remove as theirs air bags behind them and a plastic trim that holds them in place however persevere and they will come out i did the diamond black stitch on mine they look sweet as when you come to put them back in start from the bottom slide it into the dash and the top will clip back in with ease.The A pillars can be done with the headliner out but the B pillars are best done with it back in as they have these huge plastic clips at the top and are a **** to put back in if the headliners still out. It also goes for the rear trims to
            Dont bother painting the visors their of a different material an the paint doesnt sit well on them i found the black ones on ebay as cheap and just added those everything else can be painted remember you must rub down everything and lacquer after or the paint will chip off

            I think all in I started early morning and was all back in by the evening though it was all done on a super hot day

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Russ View Post
              Hi sorry for late reply.

              Long days at work just seen this.

              Yea the facelift and preface are the same it will drop out once you have removed all the handles sun visors and light trims theirs no glue holding it in

              I gave the autoglym cans ago they were shite and expensive to just use black dye and buy yourself a spray bottle from bnq their like 99p once you have the dye fill the spray bottle half water half dye. Your going to want to do this outside and have the headliner on a table or something thats even and not on the side as itl run and look shite i did as many coats until it was black left it for a few hours in the sun to bake then we popped it back in the car. Its much easier when theirs 2 of you as its a bit fiddly getting it back in

              The side pillars well the A pillars are an arse to remove as theirs air bags behind them and a plastic trim that holds them in place however persevere and they will come out i did the diamond black stitch on mine they look sweet as when you come to put them back in start from the bottom slide it into the dash and the top will clip back in with ease.The A pillars can be done with the headliner out but the B pillars are best done with it back in as they have these huge plastic clips at the top and are a **** to put back in if the headliners still out. It also goes for the rear trims to
              Dont bother painting the visors their of a different material an the paint doesnt sit well on them i found the black ones on ebay as cheap and just added those everything else can be painted remember you must rub down everything and lacquer after or the paint will chip off

              I think all in I started early morning and was all back in by the evening though it was all done on a super hot day
              Topman, cheers Russ

              Yeah definitely going down the dye route and not the fabric spray route... personally think it'll soak in better as long as it's still done in stages so the liner isn't soaked through ending up soggy.

              Will have to source the sun visors... any pointers on finding them... Do the ones from the Astra gtc fit??
              2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
              Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Under Bonnet Mirrors, RS Bonnet Vents, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, Camaro 32mm x 355mm Discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" VX Line Elite Alloys, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam.

              Comment


              • #8
                sorry for late reply.

                Theres plenty of black ones just look for vxline insignia am unsure on the astra

                Comment


                • #9
                  I’ve got everything needed now pal. Got it all bit by bit, but as for the head liner I will need to remove mine either way so simply going to dye it and reinstall
                  2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
                  Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Under Bonnet Mirrors, RS Bonnet Vents, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, Camaro 32mm x 355mm Discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" VX Line Elite Alloys, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X