Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange button on side of dash - 2011 2l cdti sri

Hi all,

I just picked up my first Insignia yesterday and spotted a switch to the right hand side of the centre dash, just by where your left leg is when driving.

There's no label on it and as far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to do anything.

I'm assuming this is a switch added in by a previous owner for a subwoofer or something like that but I just thought I'd check in case this was installed at the factory and anyone knows what it is for?

I can put a picture up when I get home!

Thanks

have you a photo yet .
    is it an ex Fleet car? they are known for installing things aftermarket to lower the insurance, like parking sensors, alarms, immobiliser,
    things like that .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Invisibility cloak for the car. Can go past speed cameras as fast as you please.

Downside - you will appear completely naked on camera, speeding down the road on your butt.

Comment

Some people who have previously owned a BMW or Audi get confused by this switch. You push it up if you intend to turn right or down if you intend to turn left............

seriously though, could be anything, post a pic maybe?

Comment

Sorry guys, didn't get a chance to grab a pic yesterday! I definitely will tonight.
          I did notice that once I press it, after about 5 seconds there will be a single beep through the stereo but no discernible difference in sound etc.. I wonder if it was some kind of handsfree equipment?

Will update you later!
          Cheers for the replies so far

Comment

Picture attached

Comment

Its an ejector seat button for the passenger seat , if your other half starts telling you how to drive then press it , the roof folds back , and away she goes !

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

It's an aftermarket switch.

It could be for anything.
                https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

Literally anything...

Comment

Did you buy it privately or from dealer. If private, maybe ask the the previous owner...

Comment

Remove trim,and try and trace wires
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yeah I know I can trace it back. I was just interested in whether it was potentially factory added or not.

It seems it's not.

Cheers all!

Comment

Take the trim off and follow cables. Only way to be sure.

On a previous car I followed some odd cables and found a black box from one of those tracking insurance policies. That came straight out!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                            Some people who have previously owned a BMW or Audi get confused by this switch. You push it up if you intend to turn right or down if you intend to turn left............

seriously though, could be anything, post a pic maybe?
                            Because of that, BMW even considered removing that feature completely

Comment

Its the POP MASTER button
                              if pressed it re-tunes your radio, to radio 2 at 10.30 AM

345444444-55554455 year out !

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                              X