X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post

$54 for indicator bulbs!!!
    Yeah I had a look to see if I could find the same ones cheaper. Not seen any but it was only a quick look. I won't be paying that though.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post

Yeah I had a look to see if I could find the same ones cheaper. Not seen any but it was only a quick look. I won't be paying that though.
      Worth noting that the ones I linked were in AUD so that’s $54 Australian Dollars, works out to be about half that in GBP, or a little bit over half in Euro I believe.

Here is one that’s a bit cheaper that looks to be the same, and these also look the same in the photo and are the same brand so they may work as well (although have different names).

Comment

• Originally posted by Defie View Post
        Hi All.

List below of my changes. All fitted now for months and working like a charm

Dipped main beam - alternative link to cheaper identical bulb - decoders needed as per Marko’s link

Main full beam - similar brand to Marko’s link just brighter - no decoder needed on main beam

Reverse light

Rear Indicator bulbs - no resistors needed

Side repeaters
        Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Halfords 501a Wy5w Filament LED Amber Upgrade Car Light Bulbs Pair 2000k at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Fog lamps,
        The stock bulb is H8 but H11 also fit. Be careful though if you get a cheap bulb with a poor seal the housing can leak and your fog lamp can become a “fogged lamp”. I have reverted to halogen. The ones below will work
        NIGHTEYE H7 LED Headlight Kit 70W 30000LM 6500K Super Bright Canbus No Error Hi-Lo Beam IP68. No glare to oncoming vehicles and drivers, making it safer to drive at night. -Extended Lifespan: Fanless design, no fan noise and fan failure.

I also have changed the rear fog lamp but I can’t find the link. I will repost this later
        Sorry for bringing this up again, but can you give me the links for dipped and main beam bulbs again? Those links from the first page are unavailable for me. Thanks in advance, and great work marko301 Defie

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yeah here are Dipped beam
          Here are the resistors to cancel bulb out errors

and here are the main beam

2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            Yeah here are Dipped beam
            Here are the resistors to cancel bulb out errors

and here are the main beam

You are a diamond, thank you, kind sir ☺️

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Comment

• Well I've just upgraded to LED H7 dipped bulbs via amazon ... the bulbs work although not sure how bright they are till tonight.

I do have the error flash up on the dash though.

Will any H7 led canbus resistor work to remove the error as all the links in this thread are dead now...

I've seen a bunch on ebay all ranging widely in price.
              Insignia B Sport Tourer SRi VX line Nav (2018) white

Comment

• Originally posted by Madfish View Post
                Well I've just upgraded to LED H7 dipped bulbs via amazon ... the bulbs work although not sure how bright they are till tonight.

I do have the error flash up on the dash though.

Will any H7 led canbus resistor work to remove the error as all the links in this thread are dead now...

I've seen a bunch on ebay all ranging widely in price.
                Yeah all H7 resisters will work.

Which bulbs did you get? It's important they have the cut off or you're going to dazzle other road users.

Comment

• Ahh, I didn't know that...

Sinoparcel H7 LED Low Beam Headlight and Fog Light Bulb -2 Years Warranty- NO Adapter Required - Fanless Halogen Replacement 477 499 -12V/24V 2 Pcs https://amzn.eu/d/0SNgaIU

These are the ones I got as I foolishly believed the description saying that they didn't bring up codes...

Didn't Know about the beam issue

Comment

Ahh, I didn't know that...

Sinoparcel H7 LED Low Beam Headlight and Fog Light Bulb -2 Years Warranty- NO Adapter Required - Fanless Halogen Replacement 477 499 -12V/24V 2 Pcs https://amzn.eu/d/0SNgaIU

These are the ones I got as I foolishly believed the description saying that they didn't bring up codes...

Didn't Know about the beam issue
                    They're not looking good, mate. Even if the beam was ok. The output of those won't light a cupboard. The type I have are getting harder to find but they have good light output and importantly have the correct beam because they mimic the halogen bulbs they replace. These are the same as the ones in my dipped beam. You still need resisters to stop the error message though.

Comment

• OK, it's got a little darker so tried them against a wall...

Beam pattern looks good, very definitive cut off point and both slant downwards to the centerline of the road.

They aren't fantastically bright but better than the halogens they replaced (marginally).

When I'm feeling flush (got a £700 insignia bill this week) ill get some brighter ones

Now I just need to get the resisters

Comment

OK, it's got a little darker so tried them against a wall...

Beam pattern looks good, very definitive cut off point and both slant downwards to the centerline of the road.

They aren't fantastically bright but better than the halogens they replaced (marginally).

When I'm feeling flush (got a £700 insignia bill this week) ill get some brighter ones

Now I just need to get the resisters
                        Remember you can get cheap ones for your main beam. I have these in mine. Main beam aren't canbus either so no need for resisters.

Comment

• Has anybody tried these ones? Look good to me...

NOVSIGHT H7 LED Headlight Bulbs 60W (30W X2) 12000LM 6500K Car Bulbs Mini Design Lights IP68 Fan Design Can-Bus Error Free https://amzn.eu/d/breXYaz

Comment

Has anybody tried these ones? Look good to me...

NOVSIGHT H7 LED Headlight Bulbs 60W (30W X2) 12000LM 6500K Car Bulbs Mini Design Lights IP68 Fan Design Can-Bus Error Free https://amzn.eu/d/breXYaz
                            No but feel free to be a guinea pig

If they don't give the correct beam pattern in dipped beam you can always stick them in your main beam.

Comment

• Ordered them... Guinea pig challenge accepted

Comment

Ordered them... Guinea pig challenge accepted
                                This will be interesting.

Remember we want them to look like this

Not like this

​​​​​​​Keep us updated

Comment

Working...
                                X