• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post

This will be interesting.

Remember we want them to look like this

Not like this

​​​​​​​Keep us updated
    Didn't even get that far... Not a good start.

Suppose I can now be a Guinea pig for their customer service...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220924_121737.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	336462 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220924_121743.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	336460 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220924_121749.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	336463 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220924_121757.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	336461
    Insignia B Sport Tourer SRi VX line Nav (2018) white

Comment

• Originally posted by Madfish View Post

Didn't even get that far... Not a good start.

Suppose I can now be a Guinea pig for their customer service...

Name:	20220924_121737.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	336462 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220924_121743.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	336460 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220924_121749.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	336463 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220924_121757.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	336461
      Oh dear...Not a good start.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• These are more like what you need........more inkeeping with the other novsight designed leds.

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post
          These are more like what you need........more inkeeping with the other novsight designed leds.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143892976...3ABFBM-Pmsje5g
          The issue with led bulbs in the Insignia B is the chips are in the wrong place and don't work with the metal sheath in the headlight that gives the correct cut off. I was interested to see how the ones Madfish found would work because it states in the ad the chips mirror the element position on the original halogens. So far only the F2 brand do this but they're getting hard to find and can be costly.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Compared side by side to halogen bulb the light source /chip looks like a very close match...

Company are sending me out another set from a different batch.

I have noticed though that they are very close to the metal sheath, maybe 1mm smaller in diameter.... Hope this doesn't cause a problem with heat dissipation...

Comment

• OK, replacement bulbs turned up very quickly, no messing from seller which is nice

Fitted perfectly no issues...

Here's a pic of the beam pattern.

Name:	20220928_183600.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	336662 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220928_183353.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	336663
              Certainly brighter than the halogen bulbs and brighter than the previous LEDs

Still showing a canbus error so need to sort that.

Weird thing with them is you can actually hear the fans spinning if you listen closely...

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20220928_201009.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	336674
                Night shot, rain is making it hard to see the throw properly...

Comment

• I'm afraid they're looking more like my second photo showing the bad output. Can you get any more shots close to the doors but in the dark? At the moment I can't see the cut off like in my first photo.

Comment

• I'll take a better night time picture on a dry night...

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	20220929_204839.jpg Views:	5 Size:	44.2 KB ID:	336702 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220929_204737.jpg Views:	5 Size:	40.8 KB ID:	336703 better pictures hopefully

They are lovely and bright and had no one flash me yet...

What do you think marko301

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	20220929_204839.jpg Views:	5 Size:	44.2 KB ID:	336702 Click image for larger version Name:	20220929_204737.jpg Views:	5 Size:	40.8 KB ID:	336703 better pictures hopefully

They are lovely and bright and had no one flash me yet...

What do you think marko301
                        You know they look like they could be ok. There's deffo a flat line with the kick up to the left as they should be. It's just the wooden fence absorbing clarity a bit. Looks like we have another bulb we can add to the list. BTW did you know Novsight are re branded Nighteye? They changed their name a few years ago. The Nighteye in my main beam have been trouble free for years so hopefully so will the Novsight.

Comment

Compared side by side to halogen bulb the light source /chip looks like a very close match...

Company are sending me out another set from a different batch.

I have noticed though that they are very close to the metal sheath, maybe 1mm smaller in diameter.... Hope this doesn't cause a problem with heat dissipation...
                          I ordered these Novsight from your recommendation on facebook, and the same happened, base disintegrated. I've bought another set, but also have a set of Car-Rover ones which I've just had fitted today, as the ones fitted 4 years ago (Safego) started to function intermittently. Yet to see what the night-time look is and how well they work, but the Safego ones marko301 has/had in despite working really well, I felt the kick up to the left was too much/rather high - the cut off on these Car-Rover ones looks to be a little better.

Comment

• Update... CarRover are utter dog bang Click image for larger version

Name:	20230222_193404.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	342742

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post

I ordered these Novsight from your recommendation on facebook, and the same happened, base disintegrated. I've bought another set, but also have a set of Car-Rover ones which I've just had fitted today, as the ones fitted 4 years ago (Safego) started to function intermittently. Yet to see what the night-time look is and how well they work, but the Safego ones marko301 has/had in despite working really well, I felt the kick up to the left was too much/rather high - the cut off on these Car-Rover ones looks to be a little better.
                              I always thought the Safego ones had the same kick up as the halogens. Only difference is they're not yellow

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                              Update... CarRover are utter dog bang Click image for larger version

Name:	20230222_193404.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	342742
                              In what way? Light spread?

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post

I always thought the Safego ones had the same kick up as the halogens. Only difference is they're not yellow

In what way? Light spread?
                                Hi Marko,.... yes, agree with the kick up, but I think it's more pronounced with the Safego LED - when following cars bast a long hedgeline, my NS cut off was always at least 2ft higher then the cars in front.
                                These CarRover have nasty concentration spats as highlighted - the NS spread is very poor indeed as well - plus the cut off line isnt very pronounced. Comparing these to Madfish Novsight LEDs, the Novsights look spot on. full constant spread of uniform light - definite and level cut off also ... the NS kick up i hardly noticable on those. I have another set of these Novsights so will swap them in on Friday.
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	20230222_193404 b.png Views:	0 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	342762

Comment

Working...
                                X