No announcement yet.

Reverse Wire next to the rear fusebox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Wire next to the rear fusebox?

Hi All,

So I know the wire inside the estates' tailgate has a "dark green/white" wire, which makes sense. But when I track the wires (after running the camera line through the grommet and into the headlining) they are all cream! tracked it down the D pillar, also all cream.

Trying to track the wire down through the nearside rear panel where the fusebox is, but I haven't been able to find a green/white wire to allow me to hook power and feed to both the camera and the "reverse input" on an aftermarket head unit.

Does anyone know where the wire can be accessed? currently, it seems like all the wiring is still wrapped up in the Vauxhall insulation, so it makes it even harder to find it!

Alternatively, if I need to find the reverse switch, is there anywhere I can pick up the reverse feed from the front of the car?

2010 Exclusiv Estate

Thanks

Hoooooooo yes you have come across the amazing wiring colour coding in modern cars .
    Now if that was domestic house wiring then that would be shocking!
    But 240 can kill
    12v to most people won't.
    Anyroadup .
    Are you fitting the camera on the tailgate I presume.
    The only direct feed would be the reverse light switch normally mounted in gear selector area .
    But that would mean running feed from that area to the tailgate area .
    The only way I can see is finding the loom for the tailgate that runs in a rubber conduit and with a piece of welding rod and some silicon spray feeding 2 wires through it .
    That way you are picking up feed from the reverse light itself.
    It's hard but doable
    I've just had to do something like that on one of my car's .
    Fiddly .

1/-5 rubber turkey!

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yup, so I have fed the wires through, the camera is mounted on the tailgate above the plate. The wire has then been run down the D pillar, above the wheel well, down the door seals, and along the nearside.

I just need to find that elusive wire, so I can tap this into the camera line, feeding the camera and the signal to the head unit.

I have been advised I could use the old scotch lock method on the Grey / Yellow. might be a case I have to tap that, and splice the line into the new wires I ran for the camera. not the cleanest of methods, but it should do the job!

Comment

I’m trying to do the same thing with mine,could you take a photo of the wire your using as a reference please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you still need a picture of this? I am still setting things up in the car, but I have the wire

Comment

Yes please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Alright, let me take a look in the morning, I will try remember

Comment

Working...
              X