Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFL Level too high

Morning folks.
    Looking for pointers regarding adjustment of AFL height. Was on a call out last night and noticed that the beam seems quite high, to the point where oncoming drivers think I have my high beam on. Do the level sensors have adjustment for setting height or would this be something that needs programming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had same problem with mine then suddenly dropped to low. Lights do the dance on startup and have all other functions.
    Adjustments are automatically done so you can't adjust manually as far as I know.
    Been told its the level sensor under light needs replacing.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Steve68003 View Post
      I had same problem with mine then suddenly dropped to low. Lights do the dance on startup and have all other functions.
      Adjustments are automatically done so you can't adjust manually as far as I know.
      Been told its the level sensor under light needs replacing.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
      As far as Iím aware the level sensor is n/s/f connected the to the lower arm. Under the headlight is where the module sits.

Comment

Could possibly be level sensor related, does it come up with any warnings? Might be a good idea checking for any stored fault codes, will make diagnosing easier if it does. AFLs are nice but they can be a right pain sometimes.

Comment

Nah no warnings and otherwise it works perfectly. I would imagine they will be physically set (like normal headlights) from the factory. Iíll have to check for a screw in the top of the headlight unit when I get home.
          I may have just answered my own question

Comment

The AFL Headlights still have manual height adjustment on the headlight themselves. From memory there is a white plastic adjustment nut thing (turned with an 8 or 10mm allen key) maybe close to where the headlight meets the front wing but can't remember exactly. Can be seen when viewed from above the headlight (think there is also one for left and right too). After fixing my AFL issue a few months back (required taking the headlight out to replace the ballast unit) I felt they were aiming a little low so parked up behind a car and adjusted to what I thought was better and looked ok against other cars. Its definitely better and passed its MOT 3 weeks ago so must be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones-e View Post
              The AFL Headlights still have manual height adjustment on the headlight themselves. From memory there is a white plastic adjustment nut thing (turned with an 8 or 10mm allen key) maybe close to where the headlight meets the front wing but can't remember exactly. Can be seen when viewed from above the headlight (think there is also one for left and right too). After fixing my AFL issue a few months back (required taking the headlight out to replace the ballast unit) I felt they were aiming a little low so parked up behind a car and adjusted to what I thought was better and looked ok against other cars. Its definitely better and passed its MOT 3 weeks ago so must be ok.
              Good man, exactly the info I was after. I just lost all sense of reasoning as they are AFL. Made it more complicated in my mind than it should have been

Comment

Originally posted by Mx_Rab View Post

Good man, exactly the info I was after. I just lost all sense of reasoning as they are AFL. Made it more complicated in my mind than it should have been

Just make sure you have the engine running when you do this so you adjust it after the headlights have done their auto aim thing. When I switch mine off the lights go to a home position which is higher then the normal running position.

Comment

That's true actually, I forgot about that. Especially since there are no warnings. You tend to think being AFL, you never need to touch anything .

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                    That's true actually, I forgot about that. Especially since there are no warnings. You tend to think being AFL, you never need to touch anything .
                    I was thinking, ďI bet the f***kers need programming to adjustĒ. Just an automatic reaction. Iíll give it a go tonight

Comment

Working...
                    X