LED light upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davelaw82 View Post
    Ok my leds came this morning il be fitting tomorrow..... stupid question but is there a certain way for the bulb to be positioned or just straight out of the box thanks.
    Straight out of the box. The led chips need to be on the sides rather than top and bottom.

Also the polarity has to be the correct way so if any don't light, turn the plug around on the connector.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18 five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8 colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Great thank you.... yes I was wondering about the plugs as I have a connection box which come with bulbs and my separate error canceller wires so I take it its just guess work getting the right way around.

Comment

Well the main beams are in..... the only thing I'm finding is that the bulbs are slightly loose not in the housing but the bulb and the holder part where you can adjust the beam pattern but its only slightly.

Comment

Well the main beams are in..... the only thing I'm finding is that the bulbs are slightly loose not in the housing but the bulb and the holder part where you can adjust the beam pattern but its only slightly.
          There is very slight movement between the clicks of the bollies if that's what you mean?

It isn't an issue though....there is no movement or flicker when you look at the lights.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18 five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8 colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post

There is very slight movement between the clicks of the bollies if that's what you mean?

It isn't an issue though....there is no movement or flicker when you look at the lights.
            Yes that's it slightly loose but all in all I'm really happy with them can't wait until the drive home tonight just waiting on my high beams now should be here today and fitting tomorrow

Comment

Thanks Marko these are excellent

Comment

Thanks Marko these are excellent
                They look so much better than the yellow halogens. Modern cars shouldn't have that yellow look. VX really let themselves down not giving the GS LEDs from the start.

Something they corrected on the 2021 facelift.

Comment

They look so much better than the yellow halogens. Modern cars shouldn't have that yellow look. VX really let themselves down not giving the GS LEDs from the start.

Something they corrected on the 2021 facelift.
                  Definitely yes yellow are so 80s.... but thanks to your research your changing this.... only thing I got tonight was left light out then disappeared and I have the error cancellers on but maybe just a blip..... but the light difference is absolutely a game changer.

Comment

Yes that's it slightly loose but all in all I'm really happy with them can't wait until the drive home tonight just waiting on my high beams now should be here today and fitting tomorrow
                    Have the high beams turned up yet?

Comment

Have the high beams turned up yet?
                      Yes sorry forgot to post..... they are absolutely the perfect match for the headlights I'm really impressed with the new bulbs it transforms the car.... and yet no-one has flashed me to say they are too bright.

I really can't belive how much the roads are lit up now why pay thousands for led headlights when you can spend under 100 for these.

Comment

Yes sorry forgot to post..... they are absolutely the perfect match for the headlights I'm really impressed with the new bulbs it transforms the car.... and yet no-one has flashed me to say they are too bright.
                        Nice one!....Yeah it's the cut off. That's the difference between the f2 make and other cheaper brands. The chips are placed to mimic the halogens. It's a shame they don't all place them the same.

Has the error stayed away? As I said...I've had it pop up a few times over the past couple of years but it's short lived and several months apart.

Comment

Nice one!....Yeah it's the cut off. That's the difference between the f2 make and other cheaper brands. The chips are placed to mimic the halogens. It's a shame they don't all place them the same.

Has the error stayed away? As I said...I've had it pop up a few times over the past couple of years but it's short lived and several months apart.
                          Yes the error pops up now and again but just press the button and it's gone I can live with that ....
                          The cut off is very clean I was surprised how crisp it was and hardly any scatter. Once it's mot time I'm leaving them in I think it will go straight through.

Comment

If it does start to bother you, get some more resistors. They're cheap enough.

Comment

Working...
                            X