Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenon headlamp replacement

Hi newbie to the forum,

I have a 2011 Insignia hatchback with Xenon adaptive headlamps. I recently got an error on the dash about the lights. Swapped bulbs and both working fine.

Found on this forum that it could be the ballast that’s gone and it appears that way. I took the headlamp off and can see water in the ballast and also the headlamp unit. Condensation also builds up on the inside of it.

I’ve been quoted €1130 for the headlamp unit and €332 for the ballast. Seemed outrageous but they appear to be expensive parts.

My questions is should I look for a 2nd hand unit or am I better off buying a new one to avoid the same issue in the future.

Other question is that some of the other parts like in the link says no motors or bulbs. I presume the bulbs from my existing will work and the led is already built in. What does it mean by motors? Do I need to take them out of my old unit. Also I presume I need a ballast also?

thanks in advance.
    This headlight is designed to be a direct replacement for the original item fitted to your car. It is manufactured to OE specifications with the same quality, same method of installation and the same electrical connections as the original but at a much more affordable price opel

Which side is faulty?
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Dynamic led side repeaters,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
      Which side is faulty?
      Sorry that would help, it’s the passenger side.

Comment

Vauxhall Insignia Ellite Complete Nearside Headlight Xenon Afl Model 2009-2013

Vauxhall Insignia AFL Xenon passenger side Headlight 08 -14 | eBay

Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Dynamic led side repeaters,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-...YAAOSwlIZfurgZ
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Thanks for the links, I'm looking for parts over here also as now with Brexit a reality there's more custom charges, etc.

Would you think a second hand one would be worth investment or go for a new one? Also, what's involved in moving the motors ("Supplied Without Motor") over on a new part that I have linked in my first post?

I can move the bulbs over and also get a new Ballast, just a bit confused what's involved both labour and cost wise with regards the mentioned motors.

Comment

The 'motors' will be inside,just transfer your bulbs,test all before you fit the light then when happy fit,front bumper needs to be loosened or removed.

Comment

The 'motors' will be inside,just transfer your bulbs,test all before you fit the light then when happy fit,front bumper needs to be loosened or removed.
                thanks for that, I just wondered why they mention motors if they’re already in it.

I took the bumper off and has the headlamp off already, poured some water out of it so reckon changing the ballast alone won’t be enough. The unit will leak again.

Comment

Get a decent 2nd hand 'working' one as they are new.

Comment

Get a decent 2nd hand 'working' one as they are new.
                    That’s the plan and hopefully find one before the next NCT. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                    X