Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Insignia Elite - DRL bulb gone on passenger side

Hi all,

I have run in to a little issue with my nearside DRL. I phoned Vauxhall and they have quoted me the best part of £1000 for fitting a new headlight unit, seems a little steep given that they are almost cosmetic. They said that the lights are not serviceable and the whole unit will need to be replaced.

My question is, has anyone ever attempted changing the bulb on this model? I have the all bells and whistles headlights with motors, auto dip, around bend lighting etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Originally posted by bmattey40844 View Post
    Hi all,

I have run in to a little issue with my nearside DRL. I phoned Vauxhall and they have quoted me the best part of �1000 for fitting a new headlight unit, seems a little steep given that they are almost cosmetic. They said that the lights are not serviceable and the whole unit will need to be replaced.

My question is, has anyone ever attempted changing the bulb on this model? I have the all bells and whistles headlights with motors, auto dip, around bend lighting etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Well I'd be looking for second hand unit and also stripping the unit down, what do you have to lose. Hope mine never fail.

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Might be worth adding that these lights do not have any access to the DRL bulb, it is a sealed unit. Fantastic design!

Comment

2nd hand,or off a breaker,is your best bet,,,,,,they can be split open,and the leds replaced,but probably cheaper finding a breaker
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
          Well I'd be looking for second hand unit and also stripping the unit down, what do you have to lose. Hope mine never fail.

P30 lite using Tapatalk
          Thanks. I actually bought one off Ebay recently, it was the right year but wrong model...

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            2nd hand,or off a breaker,is your best bet,,,,,,they can be split open,and the leds replaced,but probably cheaper finding a breaker
            If it can be split using heat gun or oven, and worse case scenario is do both sides and fit different LEDs. Some work, but get a lot of hours labour for £1000

P30 lite using Tapatalk

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Heres a brand new one,,,,and they're a doddle to replace

​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

You sure that is the one with the motors? There seems to be about 6 different ones that fit, need to be identical.

Comment

You sure that is the one with the motors? There seems to be about 6 different ones that fit, need to be identical.
                  There's only 2 types,,,a halogen,,,,which i suspect is the one you've bought.....or the bi xenon in my link

Comment

And yours being an elite,,it has bi xenon as standard

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post

There's only 2 types,,,a halogen,,,,which i suspect is the one you've bought.....or the bi xenon in my link
                      Okay, I was going by EuroCarparts. Seemed like there were a few options like bend lighting, auto dip... Will see what I can find second hand, that is definitely a cheaper option than dealer, thanks.

Had to replace a bulb in the same headlight 3 months ago, £130 :/

Comment

Okay, I was going by EuroCarparts. Seemed like there were a few options like bend lighting, auto dip... Will see what I can find second hand, that is definitely a cheaper option than dealer, thanks.

Had to replace a bulb in the same headlight 3 months ago, �130 :/
                        £130 for a bulb?

P30 lite using Tapatalk

Comment

130 quid for 1 bulb thead

Check ebay before going to dealers,or Halford

Comment

The bi xenon headlights are the ones that move about,,,,also known as AFL Adaptive Forward Lighting

Comment

I do wonder thou as the cars get older how many will be scrapped because of a headlight or DRL.

P30 lite using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X