Rear driverside indicator issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear driverside indicator issue

Ok so so I noticed I had about an inch of water in my rear driver side light. I took the light off, emptied the water, cleaned all the gunk from around the the main plastic lens and sealed the rim all around the light. About 2 days later the right indicator bulb blew. I changed it and noticed that the water has created rust around the connectors of the bulbs. I removed what rust I could, I put a new bulb in, it worked fine for a couple of days but now it's blown again. I've cleaned the connectors but now it's blowing a bulb every couple of days. I have previously changed my left indicator which I haven't had a problem with. I have scoured the internet to find where the fuses are for the indicator and only found answer FDA2..(20amp).. This is Not something apparent in my fuse box (I just have numbers)).
    anyone shed any light (mind the pun)

Hi,you may have to get a new bulb holder unit or second hand,was water in the bulb holder and the silver tracks furred up?

Try f2 battery fuse box and f8 passenger fuse box
    Last edited by Howy; 10-05-2021, 11:29 PM.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
      Hi,you may have to get a new bulb holder unit or second hand,was water in the bulb holder and the silver tracks furred up?

Try f2 battery fuse box and f8 passenger fuse box
      Exactly how it was yes. I've seen a second hand one on the bay for 20quid. .. so I've boughtit. I've spent that much on bulbs over the past week haha. Good to know the fuse numbers tho as my manual only mentions head and rear lights nothing indicator specific.

Comment

I suffered this with my facelift.
        Hell knows how the water got in.
        On the facelift there's no bulb holder, it's individual bulbs.....but I drilled the bottom of the light, drained the water then dried it over a few days.

I then used windscreen sealant and went right round the seal.....making sure nothing could get in.

6 months later....still dry.
        https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

Working...
        X