Retrofit Xenons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrofit Xenons

Hi wonder if anyone could help. Im currently retrofitting genuine xenons to my 2014 insignia.
    I can get most things working but cant seem to get the main beam shutter working.

could anyone shed some light( excuse the pun) would be appreciated

what model insignia are you trying to retro fit them on to .?
    if its anything but a model that came with Xenons as standard
    then I do believe you require the whole wiring loom and control module plus the sensor thats on the windscreen plus programming to fit them and make them work.

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Also iirc you'll need the level sensors on the front and rear axle, then you'll also have to fit the headlamp washers
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I know about all of that as above. Which I have got all of the bits needed but I’m just wanting to fit headlights first so was going to use my loom to do it. Like I said I just need to know how the main beam flap works and what pins it uses

Comment

In what way do you mean " how the main beam shutter works "
          As for pin outs you require wiring diagram.
          did you use to work for vauxhall as a master tech ?

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I’ve printed the wiring diagram off for the headlights but it doesn’t show then main beam motor or what pin it uses. I’ve powered them all up and get everything apart from the main beam motor to work.

Comment

The 'main beam flaps' work with all the said above components plus they vary the beam direction with speed and weather conditions -complicated system.
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

What size plug have you got that the headlight plugs into ?
                8 or 16 ?
                As Howy says complicated.
                I think most of the connections have to be made in the UEC
                high speed can high
                High speed can low
                Level sensors 1,2,3
                Level bit sensor
                AFL ignition live
                Rain sensor
                headlamp washer pump
                Etc
                Then it runs through to control module and gets connected
                Including earths
                That's as far as my knowledge goes .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                  What size plug have you got
                  a big one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	74540.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	312410

Comment

Ouch I've messed with aftermarket headlights in the past and I have never seen anything as unessasarly complex than these xenon's.

Any fault in the light system the high beam doesn't work. For no reason they just stop working. I think it's the canbus that controls them and not a simple power to a pin

Comment

Working...
                    X