Custom fog lights fitted - Halo LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom fog lights fitted - Halo LED

Hey all, it's been a while since i have made any changes to the insignia.....So here's the latest

After installing some cheap & nasty fog light bulbs, the fog light housing melted around the bulb seal and water ingress started. So, I decide to replace the whole assembly with new pieces (surrounds, housing and bulbs)

I purchased a full set of surrounds and the fog lights themselves from AliExpress. They arrived within a couple of weeks - 54 for the full set including postage. They are NOT genuine VX parts, obviously

I also purchased a pair of quality 75mm Halo LED rings. I tool the fog light assembly apart (it comes apart into 2 pieces really easily) and stuck the Halo rings on the inside of the fog light, sitting up against the reflective silver backpiece. I took this opportunity to seal both entire units properly with UHT silicone sealant after running the LED cables out the back of the bulb hole. I also sealed that up with sealant too

Taking the existing surrounds off is a bit of a pain on a facelift. I decided to jack the front of the car up and get up inside the rear of the front bumper with a plastic trim tool and bend the lugs back slightly as I pulled each one from the front. I did snap one of the lugs but luckily i had the replacement set from AliExpress. You COULD just pull and hope for the best if you do have a full set of replacement surrounds to go back in like i did

The old surrounds need to come off on a facelift Insignia as the fog light assembly is screwed into the bumper from the front by two Philips head screws -

Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedP_20220103_110700_LI.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	319092

Once removed, it was simply a matter of wiring the LED rings to the exiting fog light wiring. I simply tapped into the wires (Brown is Positive and Black is Negative) and soldered the connections. A bit of electrical tape to cover the solder and they were done. I have left the original H10 Fog light plug in place too so i can install normal bulbs if needed later down the line

Finished result -

Name:	P_20220103_110051.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	319093

Name:	P_20220103_114700.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	319094

Its a subtle change but I really like it....its different! I have control of when they are on/off too as I simply switch them using the front fog light switch in the cabin

I will try to get a picture later on when it goes darker for the full effect

I fitted these to mine,but wired into the drl,so they came on,on start up,and dimmed down when auto lights came on
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Nice job matey...

Comment

Had these in mine for a few years now.
        halos are wired to DRLs then they cut out when indicator is selected and they change to orange.

Comment

Would I need 75mm to fit them in the original facelift foglight housing?

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by johnr31 View Post
            Would I need 75mm to fit them in the original facelift foglight housing?

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
            I used 70mm rings in the factory fogs
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post

I used 70mm rings in the factory fogs
              Yep..... definitely 70mm rings.
              these fit perfectly inside the reflector

Comment

The Halos look great. Can you please post a link to the ones your using especially the ones that indicate too. Thanks.
                Insignia A facelift 2.0 diesel manual B20 DTH SRI VX line nav in Black.

5% window tints on the rears - heko wind deflectors - mudguards - LED interior light upgrade - Vauxhall number plate surround - 3D gel number plates - LED number plate lamps -

Comment

Originally posted by mrdarrenmclaren View Post
                  The Halos look great. Can you please post a link to the ones your using especially the ones that indicate too. Thanks.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352549656...kAAOSwi3xcG32X

Probs get them cheaper if you shop about

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352549656...kAAOSwi3xcG32X

Probs get them cheaper if you shop about
                    Cheers.
                    Insignia A facelift 2.0 diesel manual B20 DTH SRI VX line nav in Black.

5% window tints on the rears - heko wind deflectors - mudguards - LED interior light upgrade - Vauxhall number plate surround - 3D gel number plates - LED number plate lamps -

Comment

Working...
                    X