Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got myself some illuminated tail lights - quick questions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got myself some illuminated tail lights - quick questions please.

Managed to find me some tail lights, the small ones above the chrome strip with the LED lighting in them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220727_102807.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.9 KB ID:	332598

Looking forward to hopefully fitting at the weekend.

I have had a read of this thread originally created by marko301 , I have a couple of questions.
    - Does the wiring need to be tapped into the left cluster area and the right cluster area for each respective side, or are they both wired up from the right side (drivers)?
    - The part code on these is different to the ones in your thread, but the lights are identical. I assume there was a variation of some sort? These are 22756314 and 22756313.

Thanks.

I can't see why you can't splice both into one side. Because of my lack of knowledge on current draw I didn't want to risk one of the main lights looking duller then the other side so I kept things equal. It will probably be fine but I was a guinea pig so I took no chances

The part numbers for the working lights has changed a few times over the years. Also for some reason not all cars share the same colour wiring going into the light so I suggest you trace your own.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I didn't respond earlier as you had mentioned marko301 as I didn't wanna step on his toes with an answer

but as Mark says, trace your own wires.
      when I made my lights, I traced mine and both are wired into one side only.....they work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        I can't see why you can't splice both into one side. Because of my lack of knowledge on current draw I didn't want to risk one of the main lights looking duller then the other side so I kept things equal. It will probably be fine but I was a guinea pig so I took no chances

The part numbers for the working lights has changed a few times over the years. Also for some reason not all cars share the same colour wiring going into the light so I suggest you trace your own.
        Makes sense and deffo will use your guide first otherwise will track the correct wires.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
          I didn't respond earlier as you had mentioned marko301 as I didn't wanna step on his toes with an answer

but as Mark says, trace your own wires.
          when I made my lights, I traced mine and both are wired into one side only.....they work fine.
          Cheers Rab.
          Only reason I mentioned tapping into one side as it potentially saves me from stripping the other side down....lazy git - I know.

Appreciate the help.

Comment

Managed to get these fitted today. All in all about a 2 hour job.

Pics below.

Before....
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220730_145651.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	332768

Name:	IMG_20220730_145740.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	332769
            ​​​​​​
            After... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220730_145845.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	332770

Name:	IMG_20220730_145808.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	332771

Comment

I will take some pictures in the dark later.

I thought to myself afterwards, what a pointless mod, I'm never actually going to see it... thead

I'm glad I did it though, love the way these look.

Comment

Minted.....wait til night time G...what a difference it makes.

Comment

Minted.....wait til night time G...what a difference it makes.
                  I'm like a kid in a sweet shop, can't actually wait to see them in the dark.

Comment

Those look good,

At the risk of a silly question,

Do you have to purchase the lights or could you use the standard units and thread in a bulb holder?

Be gentle, I'm only new

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wu11ie View Post
                      Those look good,

Do you have to purchase the lights or could you use the standard units and thread in a bulb holder?

Be gentle, I'm only new

If only it was that easy

Comment

Those look good,

Be gentle, I'm only new

Read the full thread bud

Comment

If only it was that easy
                          I just did, bit of a pisser that,

You no got a spare set kickin about?

Comment

I just did, bit of a pisser that,

You no got a spare set kickin about?

Unfortunately not bud.....I sold the last set I had about a month ago.

The fooker was supposed to give me his old ones as this is how I do them.....supply you with a set but I get your back.....and he's patched me constantly

Comment

Unfortunately not bud.....I sold the last set I had about a month ago.

The fooker was supposed to give me his old ones as this is how I do them.....supply you with a set but I get your back.....and he's patched me constantly
                              Ah, bit of a dick move that!

I might swing by the scrappies tomorrow, see if there's any kickin about "much cheapness"

Comment

Working...
                              X