Condensation in headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condensation in headlights

Would hair dryer do the trick? Someone did tell me once that this would do the trick. I had it on my Peugeot previously and it worked.

Not sure if insignia would be the same since the lighting unit is more sophisticated.

I may be wrong. Sorry, just trying to help.

Moved to Lights.

Mine had condensation in the rear light clusters but never headlights.

Comment

Noticed condensation in mine today, just around the edge of the outer lense - AFLs.

Being HID, I don't think they get anywhere near as hot as with quartz bulbs. So, I can't see them drying out naturally.

I don't think it is due to water ingress. The car is not garaged, and I think with constant heating and cooling in a damp atmosphere, it is inevitable that humid air will be drawn in and form condensation.

The headlamp shells are weather proofed, but they are not hermetically sealed.
      Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

I think it's nothing to worry about on standard lights. Probably more of an issue on the AFLs

Comment

If you put a couple of those little bags of silica gel that you get with new trainers etc in the back if the lights and drive around with your lights on for a day or two it normally goes away. Worked a treat for me anyway

Comment

Working...
          X