HID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID

In my opinion yes. I have used them for years and cant fault them. Remember to get the h7r bulbs not the normal h7 bulbs. Their 55w ultimate kit is what im using. Get either 5000k or 6000k. Dont go any higher

No glare with the h7r bulbs. Some cheaper kits are h7r but poor quality so you do get glare with those. Fitting is fairly easy. Make sure you have a drill with a circle cutter makes like so much easier. Light output is amazing. Dont need to use high beams anymore on pitch black country roads

Comment

I found them an absolute pig to get out and in. Ended up going to local Indy to get them fitted. Just have plasters at the ready for your knuckles and a swear box. Remember to take the neck off the water bottle on the passenger side to get some more room.

Comment

Scotty, on 22 January 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:
        I found them an absolute pig to get out and in. Ended up going to local Indy to get them fitted. Just have plasters at the ready for your knuckles and a swear box. Remember to take the neck off the water bottle on the passenger side to get some more room.

wouldn`t be easier to take the bumper of like in the vectras ?? i guess is much easier than to destroy ur hands ...

Comment

No need to take the bumper off. Just work with the room you got instead of trying to fit your whole hand in a tight space. Technique rather than brute force

Comment

You also need to cut a slit in the bulb holders to get the hid bulbs wires through.

Comment

Unilateral, on 23 January 2014 - 12:46 AM, said:
              You also need to cut a slit in the bulb holders to get the hid bulbs wires through.

Hmmmm....didn't know I need to cut on the bulb holder...do you mean the plastic tap on the headlights ? They usually send the circular drill thingie ...I guess. On the vectra they did.

Just talked with hids4u on their Facebook page, the 55w H7R is 105 quid delivered. I bit steep, but the amount of light that you get ....will have to save ....another mod that I need to do ... Grrrrrr

Comment

I mean the metal clip that twists over the back of the bulb to hold them in place. The hole isn't big enough to feed the wires through so you need to cut a line into it to get them through. You can buy adapted bulb holders but in my experience it's a better fit if you adapt your originals.

Comment

Unilateral, on 23 January 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:
                  I mean the metal clip that twists over the back of the bulb to hold them in place. The hole isn't big enough to feed the wires through so you need to cut a line into it to get them through. You can buy adapted bulb holders but in my experience it's a better fit if you adapt your originals.

Ahaaaaaa.....cool....will have that in mind when I buy mine. Probably will end up with someone helping me do it as I am crap when it comes to modifying things ...

Comment

The black cap will need drilling as well to feed the wires between the bulb and ballast. The wires have a grommet so will seal up fine

Comment

Karl have your afl replicas turned up yet?

Comment

Not yet. Still waiting, slightly impatiently!

Comment

Yep stil works for normal bulbs

I know what you mean. Hate waiting ages for a delivery from the other side of the planet

Comment

mmiah, on 22 January 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:
                            In my opinion yes. I have used them for years and cant fault them. Remember to get the h7r bulbs not the normal h7 bulbs. Their 55w ultimate kit is what im using. Get either 5000k or 6000k. Dont go any higher

I was reading somewhere that it is possible to melt the headlights, if they are 55 w. Is that true or just a mith? I was looking at a 55w kit from hids-direct, its cheaper ....

Comment

Working...
                            X