• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumping tyres up 1psi extra

m8internet, on 08 May 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

As an aside, I've tried to stall the engine on mine and it won't do it

This is one disadvantage of the Keyless Entry and Start system

Surely you just put it in gear and brake to a stop? I know if you just let the revs drop it will reach tick-over and keep the car going but if you brake to a stop it should stall I would have thought.

The anti stall works by just using propelling the car at a minimum speed on tick over revs. For me, In first gear it is 5mph and 2nd gear is 10mph. Handy in traffic as it means not having to be constantly on and off the clutch. If, however, you brake and go slower than it wants to go it will stall.

Comment

Hello 59 plate 160 owner here.

I run my tyres at 38psi (17") and get a steady 52-55 mpg return.

Think the tyre pressure increase were a coincidence here to your loss of mpg.

Comment

In fairness mine is probably 80% mway miles if you're gettting 44 round town or in stop start, you're doing quite well.

Comment

Penfold101, on 09 May 2014 - 09:56 PM, said:
          They'll increase more than 1psi just by heating them up through driving - possibly it was doing a DPF regeneration...?

^^^^ Wot he said.

2 - 3 psi increase after a longish drive would be my guess. Maybe 4psi if it was all at motorway limit.
          Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

m8internet, on 09 May 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:
            Tried that as well, the engine just won't stall

It looks like this is a feature of the Keyless Entry on the 2014MY

The only way to switch the engine off is with the switch or as part of the AutoStop

Not something I'd be doing deliberately, just to prove a point. Thinking of those fragile DMF's
            Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

Working...
            X