Tyre pressure 19" SRI alloys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre pressure 19" SRI alloys

That's not too bad about town. The higher the pressure the less rolling resistance so better mpg but this can increase tyre wear. I keep my 20s at 33 all round but I know guys on here who run 18,19 and 20s at around 37-39 psi. Less comfort at these pressures so it's up to you what you want.

Dave are those for an St? Rears seem too high for a hatch

Comment

Scotty, on 03 July 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:
      The higher the pressure the less rolling resistance so better mpg but this can increase tyre wear.

Less rolling resistance should = less tyre wear surely?

Comment

I'm running 35psi all round which is the same as I used to have for my 19s.

Comment

Kervaig, on 03 July 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:
          Less rolling resistance should = less tyre wear surely?

Higher pressure reduces rolling resistance because it reduces sidewall and tread flex at the contact area. and reduces the area of tread in contact with the road surface.

The reduced contact area increases the loading per cm2, which increases wear, especially in the center of the tread. ,

As well as increasing road noise and making the ride firmer, higher pressures can also reduce roadholding, and make the car feel a little skittish, especially in the wet.

If you chose to run the ECO pressures, bear this in mind and drive accordingly.
          Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

I always run my tyres on the eco pressures, my tyres wear evenly and i get over 20k miles on them

Comment

Working...
            X