What's everyone's mpg and engine spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's everyone's mpg and engine spec

I'm curious what everyone is getting mpg on there siggys.

I'm starting to think it could be the signs of some work needed, ours is all serviced up so I know it can't be that.

Over the last 2.5k I haven't reset trip or mpg so I could get a more realistic figure, ours is a20dth 160 on 2009 and sitting on 32mpg over 2.5k.
    Mostly all short urban driving.

Engine 1.5 turbo petrol. 29mpg this past year all local driving. My average speed is 14mph
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Comment

My Insignia A tourer was like yours a 160cdti manual. But I was working 30 miles from home 95% of which was on the motorway so my average over the 5 years I had it never dropped below 43mpg. On long trips it would get around 50mpg. But the big difference comes with the journeys you make. If you are doing short trips it's going to knock it right down.

Comment

Mines is around the 42mpg mark local/work driving.
        and even then I think it's low as some on here say they can get about 50mpg local driving.
        https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

marko301 I never checked the average speed , I reckon it will be low tbh.

Drew tbh when we first got her I'm sure the mpg was around the 40ish mark, I put that down to longer journeys then. I may just be worried about nothing but I'd rather be safe than sorry as she's a keeper.

RBH I'd be more than happy with 42mpg in town, 50mpg would be amazing but I think I'd need to do some proper throttle feathering and some seriously long coasting to get anything near 50mpg in town.

Cheers guys for your input it all helps

Comment

My old one did about 44 mpg, it was a 160cdti automatic. I drove a lot of motorway, my average speed was about 60 mph. Current one uses a bit less but hard to compare as I've been driving it a lot less and mainly country roads. It seems to do about 48 mpg, 170 cdti manual.

i have to say the car calculates it very accurate, the old ones was spot on, the new one seems use a bit less than the car thinks.

Comment

Just checked our average speed 18.4mph

Comment

My old Insignia,2011 2.0 cdti 170 SRi Sports Tourer auto averaged 37.6 over the last year(8000+ miles) I owned it.It had been remapped to 205bhp.I'm quite 'heavy footed'.
                Too early to tell with the new one as I've done less than 500 miles but I'm hoping it won't be much less than the old figures.
                The new engine feels much smoother/more refined and is an 8-speed Auto(old one was 6-speed) but it seems to lack the punch of the 2011 engine?
                2018 Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer Nav Bluemotion 2.0 Diesel(170ps)in Silver-Keyless entry and start -20" alloy wheels-Front fog lights-Rear privacy glass-Ambient interior led lighting-Full leather seats with Winter pack-Front and rear parking assist with Rear camera-Active emergency braking-Forward collision assist-Front pedestrian alert-Traffic sign recognition-Lane keep assist-Adaptive Cruise control-Speed warning and limiter-Voice recognition-Bluetooth-Dual zone climate control-Front and rear electric windows-High beam assist -Auto lights-Auto wipers-8”Colour touchscreen Navi 900 with DAB+-Heko Wind-deflectors.

Comment

A20DTH 163 Automatic - Trip B from when I got the car, 50.7k ago

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2663.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	280151

Comment

yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa Carol vordergrabmypuppies !

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

reset my trip A every fill up...my trip B hasnt been reset since i got car...its showing 42mpg average,over 28k mls...average speed 24 mph
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Il post photo of mine later, same here never reset trip B, just use trip A. Never drops below 42mpg, never above 46mpg that's tank to tank figures not the computer.
                        Computer trip A reads around 46 mpg with average speed about 28mph. Trip B was at 42.6mpg when got car, think it's at 43.1 mpg now over 30k plus miles.
                        All short trips, regens 3 / 4 times a tank of fuel. I have found thou driving quicker suits the car, and don't use 6th as much anymore, better fuel economy when under 59mph using 5th .

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

As promised.

P30 lite using Tapatalk

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

This year.

P30 lite using Tapatalk

Comment

69 plate 1.5t 39mpg mostly short 6 mile journeys to work

Comment

Working...
                              X