No announcement yet.

What's everyone's mpg and engine spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just did a week in Wales, 250 mainly motorway miles ( 75 to 80 mph....no plod watching are there!?!) each way, and then the remainder pottering around on local roads (another 250miles, total around 750 miles for the week), and have got 43 mpg out of her

Comment

I would say I would average around 55mpg

2.0 Insignia B

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper68 View Post

My experience too.
        The onboard thingy shows 28.9mpg over the last 3000miles.
        According to the fuel app it’s doing 35.9mpg.I’m giving it a good 6 months using the app and always filling the tank to get an overall pattern.No idea where they get the figures from but at 60mph the best I’ve seen it show live is 48mpg!
        Thats exactly what i'm doing atm, the fuel app is showing about 34 MPG, just might have to live with until the car is out of warranty then maybe see if it can get re mapped or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
          I would say I would average around 55mpg

2.0 Insignia B

Howthead

I can't even get it to show anywhere near that even when driving so conservatively I'm being over taken by pedestrians!
          Originally posted by Robmetaxa View Post

Thats exactly what i'm doing atm, the fuel app is showing about 34 MPG, just might have to live with until the car is out of warranty then maybe see if it can get re mapped or something?
          Mine is remapped!
          2018 Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer Nav Bluemotion 2.0 Diesel(170ps)in Silver-Keyless entry and start -20" alloy wheels-Front fog lights-Rear privacy glass-Ambient interior led lighting-Full leather seats with Winter pack-Front and rear parking assist with Rear camera-Active emergency braking-Forward collision assist-Front pedestrian alert-Traffic sign recognition-Lane keep assist-Adaptive Cruise control-Speed warning and limiter-Voice recognition-Bluetooth-Dual zone climate control-Front and rear electric windows-High beam assist -Auto lights-Auto wipers-8”Colour touchscreen Navi 900 with DAB+-Heko Wind-deflectors.

Comment

Howthead

I can't even get it to show anywhere near that even when driving so conservatively I'm being over taken by pedestrians!

Mine is remapped!
            Re mapping has to be the way forward?

Comment

Originally posted by Robmetaxa View Post

Re mapping has to be the way forward?
              I agree.My Insignia definitely accelerates smoother(8-speed Auto) has more Torque and is returning marginally better mpg since the Stage-1 Re-mapI've still not done any prolonged M-way driving yet so will be interested what the car shows on a 100+mile run!
              2018 Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer Nav Bluemotion 2.0 Diesel(170ps)in Silver-Keyless entry and start -20" alloy wheels-Front fog lights-Rear privacy glass-Ambient interior led lighting-Full leather seats with Winter pack-Front and rear parking assist with Rear camera-Active emergency braking-Forward collision assist-Front pedestrian alert-Traffic sign recognition-Lane keep assist-Adaptive Cruise control-Speed warning and limiter-Voice recognition-Bluetooth-Dual zone climate control-Front and rear electric windows-High beam assist -Auto lights-Auto wipers-8”Colour touchscreen Navi 900 with DAB+-Heko Wind-deflectors.

Comment

Howthead

Mine is remapped!
                Adaptive cruise control

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post

Adaptive cruise control

Yup got thatand stop/start.

Comment

Yup got thatand stop/start.
                    I was averaging 37-38mpg, I have recently re-adjusted the tyre pressures to 40psi all round after a close call with a pothole and I have noticed the mpg has started to climb towards 40. The hanbook suggests 39psi all round for economy and upto 42psi in the rear fully loaded.

Comment

Driving too slow is also bad for your MPG, the car uses the least amount of fuel driving a constant speed in 6th gear.
                      Big wheels are also bad for MPG and I noticed my car used considerable more when it's raining. Pushing all that water away seems to use some energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post

I was averaging 37-38mpg, I have recently re-adjusted the tyre pressures to 40psi all round after a close call with a pothole and I have noticed the mpg has started to climb towards 40. The hanbook suggests 39psi all round for economy and upto 42psi in the rear fully loaded.
                        Just had 4 new tyres and fitter recommended and filled to 39psi all round.Will see if the mpg rises at all!

Comment

Possibly a bit late Ernst, but the thread popped up on my phone and I thought I’d document my figures for the hell of it.

My 2012 2.0 160 averaged 42.6 mpg over the last 5k miles I owned it. 54 mpg on motorway, 41mpg local journeys.

My current 2018 1.5T, 43.2 mog on motorway 34 mpg local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman205 View Post
                            2.0t 4x4 and I get around 22mpg. My right foot is a bit heavy at times

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk
                            Don’t think it’s just you! I’ve got the 2.0t 4x4 and think mine returns exactly the same, yours the 8 speed auto box?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by The Red One View Post

Don’t think it’s just you! I’ve got the 2.0t 4x4 and think mine returns exactly the same, yours the 8 speed auto box?

Mines manual 6 speed. I can get the mpg up higher but I have to drive like a nun and let's be honest, it's not the right car for that .
                              It's also decated so this will mess around with the fueling

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman205 View Post
                                Mines manual 6 speed. I can get the mpg up higher but I have to drive like a nun and let's be honest, it's not the right car for that .
                                It's also decated so this will mess around with the fueling

I’m planning on remapping it next year (spent too much on the house/garden to do it this year) so hopefully the mpg will increase #fingers crossed. If not, it’s not the end of the world as it’s so much fun to drive

Comment

Working...
                                X