Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insignia returns 43mpg rather than 62mpg, 54mpg instead of 88mpg, normal ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
    Mark just sell the damn thing if your that worried about mpg which obviously you are. If mpg is a big factor for you may I suggest a smaller engined car for you ie a corsa or better still a corsa-e

my insignia is claimed to get 40 mpg higher than those cars you suggested though it doesn't seem like it in reality .
    It surely can't be right that the fuel gauge moves from full after only 15 miles ! Another insignia owner told me it takes 100 miles until his gauge moves !

My Vectra C didn't fuel gauge didn't drop from full until 70 - 80 miles

Comment

I guess you don’t believe us then. Why ask here on the forum that is probably the best for these cars then ask on another forum exactly the same question? What are you trying to achieve?

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/c...normal.570098/
      Irmscher grill, hecko wind deflectors, dtuk pedal box, Vauxhall logo puddle lights

xbox CrazyLillian
      instagram @timmy_tourer

Comment

Maybe time to give it up now, Insignium. I'm SURE there are better things you could be doing with your time than obsessively posting the same baffled complaint.

Go out and sniff the air just after it's rained. Or hold a baby in your arms when it's asleep. Or build a rope-swing over a stream...
        You can lead a horse to water but you can't bring that dog in here, mate...

Comment

Originally posted by Noddy 90 View Post
          Maybe time to give it up now, Insignium. I'm SURE there are better things you could be doing with your time than obsessively posting the same baffled complaint.

Go out and sniff the air just after it's rained. Or hold a baby in your arms when it's asleep. Or build a rope-swing over a stream...
          Or tattoo a barcode on your head
          Irmscher grill, hecko wind deflectors, dtuk pedal box, Vauxhall logo puddle lights

xbox CrazyLillian
          instagram @timmy_tourer

Comment

When was it's last service? Have you tried any fuel additives? Is the egr full of gunk? If the person before you has ragged it then sometimes it takes a while for the computer to adjust.

We don't know what else to suggest. Most of us are around the 40-50mpg

In my old 2.0 cdti I was doing 70 every 2 weeks for 600 miles give or take a couple of extra shifts.

I could achieve high 50s mid 60s if I was driving in 6th gear doing 58mph but it's just not ethical.

This post should be locked now. There's nothing else that could be added that would change anything.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy but but..... I have covered 95 miles and the fuel gauge has only dropped 1 bar, does that mean I'm going to get approx 1500 miles from this tank

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                Buy but but..... I have covered 95 miles and the fuel gauge has only dropped 1 bar, does that mean I'm going to get approx 1500 miles from this tank

P30 lite using Tapatalk
                I could drive 10 miles without the gauge dropped anything so I could drive unlimited miles on the tank!

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post

P30 lite using Tapatalk
                  Go for it!

Comment

How much of a drop? That’s after 50 or so miles plodding around doing 36mph as average whilst maintaining 44mpg with a few short bursts of heavy foot syndrome

Comment

Leave it now. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeee.. .
                      You can lead a horse to water but you can't bring that dog in here, mate...

Comment

I think this thread has worn itself out like Johnson in a adult movie .
                        what ever the original question was then I suppose the answer is a resounding NO !
                        We all live within our means and by something that suites your budget.
                        I wish the OP luck and that he grows to love the car, they are fantastic cars ,
                        but just remember a car is like a woman, you will never understand what its going to do ,and you just love it for what it is ..
                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's draw a line and move on !
                        Anybody want to see me wearing the ann summers summer knickers collection?

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                          X