Can anyone beat my mpg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Felix View Post

I thought they might. My Aunt has a 1.0 ecoFLEX (3 cylinder petrol I think) claims she gets a genuine 50 mpg + (incredible for petrol) so I can see the diesels being very good indeed on fuel.

I couldn't live with a Corsa though. Decent little cars but I had a test drive in a 1.2 petrol and found it too slow. Also I barely fitted in it and found it very cramped, and I'm hardly a big guy (just average height and weight)
    Tbh I'm a fairly big guy and had a 1.4t Corsa Limited and that thing did 45-50mpg and was a right little razzer. It had an insane feature called city steering which allowed you to throw the steering wheel and it turned without friction. Very dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronR View Post

Tbh I'm a fairly big guy and had a 1.4t Corsa Limited and that thing did 45-50mpg and was a right little razzer. It had an insane feature called city steering which allowed you to throw the steering wheel and it turned without friction. Very dangerous.
      They are OK just driving on your own, but when I had more passengers in a Corsa I found the passenger rubbing elbows and rear passenger seats only good for kids as you get someone's knees digging into your back and I'm only 5'10 slim (ish) build

Years ago in the family we ended up getting a Zafira for more space, not a bad car and the extra space was great. I'd only buy a Corsa if I lived on my own. And I'd definitely go for a 1.4 petrol. I've driven both the 1.0 and 1.2 and didn;t think much of them. And yes that city park feature I'm sure we had it on one car but it never worked, not that I'd have used it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post

They are OK just driving on your own, but when I had more passengers in a Corsa I found the passenger rubbing elbows and rear passenger seats only good for kids as you get someone's knees digging into your back and I'm only 5'10 slim (ish) build

Years ago in the family we ended up getting a Zafira for more space, not a bad car and the extra space was great. I'd only buy a Corsa if I lived on my own. And I'd definitely go for a 1.4 petrol. I've driven both the 1.0 and 1.2 and didn;t think much of them. And yes that city park feature I'm sure we had it on one car but it never worked, not that I'd have used it anyway.
        It was literally disabled on a recall. **** was dangerous.

Comment

Generally, in my diesel 2ltr eco, everyday running gives me 58 Mpg and a long run generally gives my 66Mpg. On a really long Run, from Elgin to Peterborough, (500 miles each way) I get 75 Mpg. I'm happy!

Comment

Working...
          X