Dpf issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dpf issue

Hi guys. I'm having mare with my dpf . New pressure sensor fitted and reset. Now sensor one is not showing any temp at all. Tested sensor and works fine on multi meter. Showing 0.04 volts on op com but nothing on the temp bit. It has ap2458-57 DTC which is dpf regen time. Have tried everything I can think of . The only thing I can't find is a wiring diagram and ECU pin out to trace the wiring back. Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Is it a genuine GM sensor?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Yeah. Got dpf pressure sensor and temp sensor through vauxhall.

Comment

Dont have any wiring diagrams and Its been a while since I had an Insignia but for what its worth, and I assume you have an issue with the DPF not regenerating. The DPF pressure differential sensor relies on a hollow plastic pipe to relay the signal from the exhaust to the sensor. I have seen cracked pipes cause issues, check all the pipework both electrical and pressure sensitive from the exhaust to the sensor. I cant see any reason ( as you say) why the temp sensor would act up after replacing the pressure diff sensor.

Comment

Cheers butt0ns. Have done all what you have suggested. All plpes fine no splits or anything took the whole pipework off to check it properly. I'm getting perfect readings from the pressure sensor. Dpf at 0 saturation. Everything is as it should be just the damn temp sensor not seeing any temp . Getting more grey hairs of this than the kids have caused

Comment

Also checked all intercooler pipes. Had a new boost pipe no so long back. Boost pressure is perfect no leaks. I just feel that it's a wiring fault no sending the signal to the ECU. But trying to find a wiring diagram to meter out the correct wire is impossible.

Comment

I'll tell you this if you bave 0 saturation from the DPF then there is a problem with opcom reading it ,
              though opcom is good its been known to give dodgy readings .
              And if it is a China clone version then I would be very sceptical of what its telling you.
              when was the last regen carried out ?
              Has the car gone into limited performance before you replaced the pressure switch?
              What is the pressure differential reading?
              And also if you are getting a 4 -5 volt reading then you at least have a reference signal so the wiring back to the ecu is fine , .
              If its a 3 wire sensor then you should have a ground, and a signal which will increase or decrease in voltage as the engine warms up.
              so with a multimeter you should be able to see if that sensor is actually working.

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

It went in to limited performance mode when the missus was on her way home from the supermarket. That's where it all started. Fitted a new GM dpf pressure sensor. Had a guy come out and reset it . Went to shops all fine. Then missus went to take kids to school and went to limp mode again. Got the guy back out who programmed the pressure sensor and then was showing no temp at all on dpf temp sensor and throwing p2458-57 DTC. Fitted new GM temp sensor . Still the same. Only got 0.4 volts to the temp sensor (is this correct? Or should it be higher?). So can see the power to the sensor but no readings goin to the ECU. Could something else be dragging it down? Would just take it to vauxhall but it's a 61 plate and don't really want to spend the money on it . So many things have gone wrong with it .

Comment

You say you can see voltage at the sensor?
                  are you relying on opcom or are you using a multimeter ?
                  Also zero saturation level is not correct it should be showing something,

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Used a multi meter to get the voltage. The dpf has been cleaned with dpf cleaner and blasted out so no soot in there at all. Will check again later but I'm sure it says saturation at 0. Also to add. The car is chugging like a steam train. When idling.

Comment

What like a misfire chugging or an air leak type chugging .Any chugging ant a good thing
                      not unless someone is chugging my Sauage !

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Ha ha. Just a really rough idle. Was told by the bloke who reprogrammed the pressure sensor that it was a faulty temp sensor causing the rough idle. But can't see how. It's only a temp sensor so how would it cause that? Ah well. Going to have one last bash this weekend at fixing it. If no joy do you know anyone who wants to buy some 20" VX alloys and full leather interior ha ha.

Comment

I don't think your chap knows what he is talking about to be honest
                          that would not cause chuffed running .
                          Also have you re-set the counter for the DPF due to the fact that its cleaned / virgin .

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I think I'd be inclined to attend a garage with a reputable mechanic and get it onto a really good diagnostic machine instead of clutching at straws

Comment

Problem finally sorted after over a month. Had abit of a rewrite of the ECU (ha) . Running mint and abit quicker too. Never found original fault but fly's now. Thanks for all the help though fellas .

Comment

Working...
                              X