low fuel warning light cdti 160

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low fuel warning light cdti 160

I'm not sure what you mean. The fuel light means you need fuel. That tends to mean you wont get too far on what's left. If there is a gallon of fuel left on the light then 43 miles range is about right

If you press the menu stalk it will take the fuel warning off.i know we're you coming from !

When I get to about 25 miles left it stays on.
    sigpic

Comment

When the warning comes on initially on the DIC you can delete it but the fuel light flashes. Once the fuel level gets too low the DIC warning cannot be deleted and you have to fill up
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Not sure about the bogging down. Maybe residue in the tank? Logosil stop lying we all know when your light comes on you've only got 10 miles of juice left

Comment

Sorry couldn't help myself :-D

Only meant in jest. Seriously could be that the tank has never been run that low and not serviced properly or something. Dirty fuel and filter? Just a guess really. How's it running on full?

Comment

I've heard of it before but probably shouldn't happen with modern fuel on modern cars

Comment

jmagee, on 22 September 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:
              Not sure about the bogging down. Maybe residue in the tank? Logosil stop lying we all know when your light comes on you've only got 10 miles of juice left

Depends on my driving,1 mpg not guner get me far!
              sigpic

Comment

It's not good practice to run your tank this low, it draws all the crap at the bottom of the tank into the filter, probably reducing fuel feed and causing your misfire.

Comment

Fursty Ferret, on 10 October 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:
                  Meh.??Lifetime warranty.??

Besides, it's a plastic tank - where would the sludge come from?

From anywhere else in the supply chain. More likely to happen when using independent or supermarket forecourts. Sludge will accumulate in the underground tanks. You are more likely to get contamination if you fill up when the forecourt storage tank is low, or just after a delivery, as any silt will be stirred up.

Condensation in the tank will also cause sludge to form, and is more likely if you routinely run with less than half a tank, rather than brimming the tank at every fill.
                  Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

Working...
                  X