Speedo.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo.....

I don't use the needle at all... Hate driving other cars that don't have it as I just don't look.

I don't look at my MASSIVE speedo. Just digital dash read out.

Comment

Retro!!! The new MINI has it back where it should be and the big circle is now the multi media only!

Comment

jmagee, on 10 January 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:
        I don't use the needle at all... Hate driving other cars that don't have it as I just don't look.

I'm old school, exact opposite, needles only, probably an age thing

Comment

yep, sometimes wish the dic had an off button

Comment

not exactly feng shui, but i get the point

suppose I could also poke my eyeballs out and dangle them on the rear view mirror

Comment

Or stick a mini TV screen there?

Comment

Well I didn't know there was a digital speedo in the options. Must have a look for it.

Comment

Ok I've checked and I don't have a digital speedo ?? Where they not included in the exclusiv models ????

Comment

Plenty of red there RonP

Comment

ronp, on 24 January 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:
                      The digital speedo is in the black screen in the centre of the dash - between all the dials

[not showing in this pic as it's the only one of the dash Ive got]

Yes Ron I know where it is mate but I have tried all the options trip computer/mpg etc etc I don't think I have it.

Comment

ronp, on 24 January 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:
                        My apologies, thought you had trouble locating it.

It's the left hand stalk that accesses it...

...then you probably knew that.

No need for a apology sir I'm just getting more and more pissed of with the spec of siggy I have bought. Nothing seems compatible or VX have just left it out........ Ran out of screen wash last week and got no warning so now I know I don't have a visible low screen wash warning on the dash read out. Ron I should have bought a SRI I'm a tit.

Comment

m8internet, on 24 January 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

I assumed the OP was referring to the Digital Speedometer, as available on the 2014MY, which is specified as a factory fit option

This then gives a variety of styles of speedo, including digital and analogue displays

I have the exclusiv model not the best name for it as it lack in a lot of things. Should have done my home work better..... Lesson learnt.

Comment

m8internet, on 24 January 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

I've just found an image from an original analogue speedometer

In some trim levels (such as the SRi) this features the Driver Info Display, and this includes a digital speed read out

Therefore if your car is an original Insignia and lower trim level then it won't show a digital speed

However, as above, in the newer 2014MY there is a factory fit option for a completely digital speedometer display

Yes mate I've had a good look and I don't have it. Thanks for checking.

Comment

andy-g, on 24 January 2014 - 11:43 PM, said:

Jesus you really went for pauper spec didn't ya !

Well that will cheer him up,
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X