• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clever cars, oil is 18%

18% has got ages left yet

markmk, on 11 September 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:
    Lol, you sure. To me that's way past the half mark />

Do you get another pint at the bar each time the current one gets to 18%?

Comment

I guess it drops by the greater of time (up to 12 months) or distance (up to 20k mile intervals)

Comment

I had mine serviced at 18379 miles with the oil at 0%??- It was at 2%, but then had to go to kent and back (590miles) the day before the service and it went to 0% half way there.??VX said it wasn't an issue with being at 0%.

Comment

My old Vectra C Estate 1.9 150 CDTi had 240000 (57 plate) miles on it when i traded it in for the insignia i have now.??It got the oil changed every 20K miles and it never missed a beat.??I believe that so long as the car is serviced regularly, then it'll be OK.??That being said, mine tend to get serviced 2-3 times a year with the mileage i do. So look after your car and it'll look after you

Comment

Good point about the short runs Duct.

My 160 is used for motorway trawling and just had serviced at 20k interval with 10% left to go.

Comment

This helps explain the oil life indicator. The Insignia indcator is algorithm based

http://auto.howstuff...e-indicator.htm
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
              X