Service Interval For New Insignia 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Interval For New Insignia 64

The normal practice is 20000 mile or 12 months, whichever comes first.

The service life monitor built into the car takes account of the number of start-up cycles and some other factors including DPF regenerations on diesel engines.

Based on these factors, it may indicate that a service is due in a shorter interval.

Because of the way the DPF regeneration process works, the lubricating oil tends to become contaminated with diesel fuel and moisture. More so than on older engines without a DPF.

The contamination tends to build up faster in engines that do a lot of short trips.

So, it certainly makes sense to change the oil and filter regularly, and more often if indicated.
    Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

On my 2011 Insignia when the service indicator was getting low a warning light came on stating it required a service and the vehicle had to be serviced withing 200 or 500 miles (can't remember which). Having it serviced later than that would have invalidated my warranty. Is that that not the same on the facelifts?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
    X