Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Spoke too soon! The "Vehicle Service Soon" came back - I'll check the glow plugs next.

Comment

I did a basic check of my glow plugs by testing resistance between the tip of each glow plug and the chassis earth.

Results are in the video below, but basically:
        of the four glow plugs
        three had a resistance of 0.00Ω to 0.004Ω
        one had a resistance of 2.11Ω

So obviously I have an odd one out.

Two questions:
        • Do I have one working plug and three faulty, or one faulty and three working?
        • Can anyone identify from the video if these are the £20 basic or £250 pressure sensing glow plugs?

Comment

Those are sensor ones I would say...

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
            Those are sensor ones I would say...
            Unfortunately all four are sensors plugs there .. Is there no members close by with and op com that you can socially distance get it read ?

Comment

3 good 1 bad
              look on autovox I think they are about £80.00 per sparkler.
              unfortunatley opcom will not tell you any difference than what has already been done with the multimeter
              a good way
              is to set your multimeter to ohms touch the 2 leads together and record the resistance
              next put negative lead on battery terminal
              put positive lead on the top of the glowplug
              measure the reading ,then subtract that from the first reading ,.

12-46 tefal head !

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I splurged on a diagnostic check while I had the car in for MOT and it came up as a fault on glow plug 1 and 3.
                Presumably you read from left to right looking at the plugs to know the numbering?

Click image for larger version

Name:	pjHMcCq.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	287090

Comment

I ordered this £8 diagnostic reader:

I connected to it with the free app "OPL DTC Reader" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tcreader&h l=en&gl=US)
                  It showed P0671 and P0673 which is consistent with the diagnostic reading from the garage: fault on glow plug 1 and 3.
                  So I recommend this dongle!

I've now ordered the glow plugs from Europarts, got two 438720315 BERU sensor Glow Plugs for £89 each, which is pretty cheap I think. Ordered a torque wrench with the money I'd saved.

Comment

Working...
                  X