First MoT coming up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First MoT coming up...

... so I thought I may as well have the 3 year service done at the same time. Main stealers (Perry's) have quoted £212 incl. Interim service & MoT.

Due to lockdown, I've done a grand total of 1,800 miles since the last service in June 2020. At that rate, servicing is costing me about the same per mile as petrol. On the plus side, I've got a 3 year old car with less than 10k on the clock, and it looks so pretty sitting in my garage!
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

That's a good deal for a main dealer stamp in the book.

Comment

That isn't a bad price. I've finished with the dealer now though. My next service will be where I got my MOT done last year. I've just hit 14k and mines 4 in July so another low miler.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
        That's a good deal for a main dealer stamp in the book.
        Yeah, but I've got no confidence in them. Last year they carried out a main service, but when I checked what they'd charged for against Vauxhall's schedule, they'd charged extra for a couple of things that should have been covered by the all-inclusive price, and hadn't done others (refund and apology received). I told them this when I booked it in this year, so hopefully they'll stick to the prescribed service this time.
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Oh dear! Took the car to the stealers on Wednesday, 3 hours and £210 later I collected it and drove it home. Oil life still indicating 17%, the pressures differed on front axle by 1 psi and rear by 6 psi. So obviously the tyres had not been inspected or pressure checked, had the oil been changed? Who knows. Also, no record in the service book of the anti perforation inspection. (MoT passed with no advisories, btw)

Rang them the following day, said I had no confidence that they had complied with Vauxhall's service checklist and what did they propose to do.
          branch manager rang me back very apologetic, said they "took QC very seriously", and couldn't imagine how I had managed to have two bad experiences.

Result - they're collecting the car from my house next Wednesday and re-doing the whole service.

So, anyone suggest any way I can mark filler caps, fluid levels etc, with tape or a Sharpie, to ensure that they have done what I paid them for?

(At least they took note of my request NOT to wash it - last thing I want is some apprentice grease monkey wiping my paintwork over with a damp rag and putting loads of swirls on it)
          Last edited by PeteH; 23-04-2021, 06:53 PM.
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

You could mark everything with a uv marker that way they won’t see any marks and you can check with Uv torch to check they were moved. I’d personally slacken them slightly mark them up so when removed and replaced right the lines/marks don’t line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As above,mark them even with a little spot from a white marker.

It'll be ok for them to wash it as long as they use 'Aldi Magnum!!!!!!!!
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
              X