Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing belt change

Hi

My 2.0l cdti is reaching the age where it is recommended to change the timing belt. It's nearly 6 years old, although hasn't reached the 100k mileage. I am on 79k.

Do people tend to change it by age or when it nears the recommended miles?

Has anyone had it done and got an idea of the cost they paid for labour and materials and what each was?

​​​​​​

Thread moved.

Comment

VX say 100k buddy, but I had mine changed at 59k.
      some may say it's pointless to do it early, but I don't think so.

Comment

Which ever comes first, just remember it's a bit of rubber, rubber deteroates over time.
        Prices
        Last time I got some one to do mine
        It was £240
        Including water pump tensioners and auxrillary belt !
        Make sure it's a genuine water pump .as some generic pumps have plastic impellers, which are rubbish.

10-4 grundfoss !

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Prices will vary from area to area and garage to garage best thing to do is call or pop in and ask.

Not fancy getting your hands dirty and giving it a go yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have done my own serving and odd repairs, but never done a timing belt and not sure how easy it is to do on the drive?

Anything a bit tricky or needs special tools I tend to leave alone.

Comment

Mines a 2015,with nowhere near 100k on it,,it'll be done in next few weeks when garage can fit me in,,,I'm like you,I do all my own maintenance,,,servicing,brakes etc....but have no fancy attempting the belt
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I do all my own work inc belts found the insignias not to bad to change compared to some I’ve done.

I have the locking tools not that you really need them if anyone wished to borrow them to change it themselves I’d be more than happy to loan them out.

Comment

Mr Wullie, I have a Gates timing belt kit with replacement water pump which I intend to fit to my 2.0 CDTI as soon as I have time and the weather has picked up. I stay in Prestwick. Can I take you up on your offer and hire your locking tools?

Comment

Originally posted by jimboy26 View Post
                    Mr Wullie, I have a Gates timing belt kit with replacement water pump which I intend to fit to my 2.0 CDTI as soon as I have time and the weather has picked up. I stay in Prestwick. Can I take you up on your offer and hire your locking tools?
                    Best kit to fit & yes not a problem drop me a message and we can sort it out.

Comment

Gates is a top notch kit

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post

Best kit to fit & yes not a problem drop me a message and we can sort it out.

Will do and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X