Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SVS and in limp mode

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SVS and in limp mode

    Hey guys
    so yes it's happened SVS and I lost all acceleration....limp mode.
    I've got the 2.0l techline ecoflex 14 plate any more details needed please ask...
    I've been told it's not the spark plugs as stop start works fine how true that is I'm not sure I've also been told it could be the pressure rail part ive bought replacement part for this. How true is what I've been told is there anything else it could be? Serviced end of Dec 2020.
    irs going to local garage tomorrow and he's going to put it on diagnostic computer.
    TIA
    Lara

  • #2
    Could be a variety of things. You will hopefully know more tomorrow. I hope it's a cheap easy fix

    The most common is the boost pipe. Right hand side of the engine.

    If you have the car with you right now you could do a visual inspection.

    Usually code P2822 I believe.

    Disclaimer: might not be what's wrong with the car.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk


    Comment


    • #3
      Yoooooooooohoooooooooo lara if someone has told you its not the spark plugs.
      Then they need there bumps felt.
      but get it in the garage and get theget stick there machine on it ..
      better better than playing parts roulette.

      12-46677 keep on insigniaring!


      .K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

      Comment


      • #4
        Well fuel rail pressure sensor changed and car still on limp mode any more ideas guys
        it's going back to garage tomorrow
        Diag only brought up pressure sensor and that was cleared.
        lewish any pics so I know what I'm looking for?
        Thanks guys

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lady3069 View Post
          Well fuel rail pressure sensor changed and car still on limp mode any more ideas guys
          it's going back to garage tomorrow
          Diag only brought up pressure sensor and that was cleared.
          lewish any pics so I know what I'm looking for?
          Thanks guys
          Do you know what the code was P- - -?

          Does the sensor require programming?

          This pipe here sometimes splits and causes issues. Might not be your issue but it's free to check if there is any splits

          Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #6
            No don't know the code will ask tomorrow when I go back!
            yeah had a look at that via Google and YT and nothing obvious
            And if it needs programming where would I find that out??
            Thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lady3069 View Post
              No don't know the code will ask tomorrow when I go back!
              yeah had a look at that via Google and YT and nothing obvious
              And if it needs programming where would I find that out??
              Thanks
              I'm not sure, don't really know much about the engine side of these cars. I just know some do require them needing programmed to the car. Some don't. I'll have a look

              Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #8
                Having a quick search it could be other things like fuel pump, fuel filter or blocked lines.

                Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #9

                  Or maybe it doesn't
                  Thanks for your help Lewish

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm not trying to rubbish the garage you took your car to Lara .
                    But sometimes faults can be caused by wiring issues rather than component failure.
                    Also with modern day diagnostic tools you can carry out live data readings, which will be able to tell them exactly what pressure the fuel rail is at .
                    And if it falls outside a pre determined value.
                    Fuel pressure relies on a lot of factors, ie what's being asked, what's being produced,
                    What the high pressure pump is producing ,it's just a sensor to try and maintain a constant pressure.
                    If the fuel pressure regulator on the high pressure pump is not producing enough pressure then the pressure sensor will go wobbly.
                    Also another factor could be dirt in the fuel rail.
                    Or fuel lines.
                    Leak off pipes could be allowing pressure to drop due to a split .
                    As Lewis says the P code is what we require to try to help you.
                    I've probably sent you to sleep with my inaine rambling.
                    So I'll bid you a good night sleep.


                    Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk



                    .K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                      I'm not trying to rubbish the garage you took your car to Lara .
                      But sometimes faults can be caused by wiring issues rather than component failure.
                      Also with modern day diagnostic tools you can carry out live data readings, which will be able to tell them exactly what pressure the fuel rail is at .
                      And if it falls outside a pre determined value.
                      Fuel pressure relies on a lot of factors, ie what's being asked, what's being produced,
                      What the high pressure pump is producing ,it's just a sensor to try and maintain a constant pressure.
                      If the fuel pressure regulator on the high pressure pump is not producing enough pressure then the pressure sensor will go wobbly.
                      Also another factor could be dirt in the fuel rail.
                      Or fuel lines.
                      Leak off pipes could be allowing pressure to drop due to a split .
                      As Lewis says the P code is what we require to try to help you.
                      I've probably sent you to sleep with my inaine rambling.
                      So I'll bid you a good night sleep.


                      Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
                      Not at all I'm a novice to this kind of stuff so all info and help greatly appreciated....on a unrelated note I am going to bed as it happens so goodnight sleep well

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So Lewis and lizard update from today
                        injector cleaner added to fuel they drove it and was working fine I turn up and........
                        Still in limp mode
                        Garage saying he's got a vacuum coming Monday to check some pipes???? Again I'm not mechanically minded I wouldn't know my ass from my elbow when it comes to engines!!!
                        computer says misfire so he thinks it could be wiring as it's a common issue so I'm told at worst I'm guessing it's the injectors??
                        no p codes again sorry
                        But all filters were done when serviced
                        and not dpf I at least know about that and how to manage it.
                        back to garage Monday now been told to run it as best I can to try and get the cleaner through the engine

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          at least you are aware of the DPF .
                          vacuum lines seems to be his next port of call rubber hoses do deteriorate due to the heat under the bonnet.
                          If there's a misfire and he has detected it
                          normally injector wiring plug on cylinder 3 is a known failure. But yet again its either component failure or wiring .


                          .K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X