Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Wiper Blade Replacement - Insignia B Sports Tourer

Hi Lads,

Looking for a bit of advice please, my rear wiper blade needs replacing, the rubber has split.
    The arm will not open back far enough for me to remove the wiper blade, I would have thought it should open up to about 90 degrees from the rear window for easy access.
    I took off the arm cover and I can see the nut holding the arm on but I am unsure if this is the correct thing to do?

Regards,
    Alan.

There's a few options, 300T 300Tfound a larger replacement https://insignia-drivers.uk/forum/in...ade#post272763
    Or you could go with an original from Vx
    Or just replace the wiper blade (what I did) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-unive...edirect=mobile you have to pull the old blade out with the metal inserts cut the rubber to length and reinsert with the two metal inserts back in ,it's a bit fiddly but I did it without removing the wiper arm.

Comment

Hi Drew,

Apologies, just saw this: I replaced mine a few months back, and from what I can remember the arm appears not to want to open much more, but will if a little force is used. It then slips off like you'd expect, and can be easily replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by FUG1 View Post
        Hi Drew,

Apologies, just saw this: I replaced mine a few months back, and from what I can remember the arm appears not to want to open much more, but will if a little force is used. It then slips off like you'd expect, and can be easily replaced.
        I had the same experience. I already removed to bolt which hold the arm to the motor. Why trying to get it off, it suddenly opened much more, being able to change it without removing the entire arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post

I had the same experience. I already removed to bolt which hold the arm to the motor. Why trying to get it off, it suddenly opened much more, being able to change it without removing the entire arm.
          Well that's what this forums for. I was sh!t scared of smashing the whole thing and fiddled about replacing the wiper blade. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X