Engine Oil 2010 Insignia CDTi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Oil 2010 Insignia CDTi

Hey all, been awhile since I last posted, between getting my truck license and the pandemic I've been all over the place.

My quick query is my remaining oil life is on 0% and I have the change oil soon warning on the dash.
    I checked my oil and I still have about a half or 3 quarters left according to the dip stick?

I'm wondering could the previous owner have forgotten to reset the oil counter?

Am I safe to drive or should I go get it properly checked?

Thanks all.

P.S what oil would you recommend for a 2.0 CDTi 130ps

Oil change is annual or 20k miles whichever sooner. The oil life does not measure quantity. So your car is telling you it needs an oil change. The oil spec you need is 5w30 Dexos 2
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I would change it soon as possible cause who knows when it last had one

Comment

Yeah 100 percent change. Not to hard to do.

Just swapped over mine on the drive. Needs a 36mm socket for the oil filter housing and access is a little limited.

Take of driver side front wheel to assist in cleaning up and unscrew.

Hell I have a pump that I use to drain the oil. Can do it in 15 minutes.

Comment

I just read this
          if you have half ro 3 quarters left on the stick .
          If that's from co,d then thats low!
          and if you read the owners handbook ( which within it is all the information you require and should be atleast looked through) it will tell you how and when to check your oil .
          No car should just be driven , and no weekly checks done on it.
          you should atleast once a week check
          oil water, break washer fluid levels
          Tyre pressures and condition
          Lights
          Wipers
          If you don't do any of that, then maybe someone should show you how
          At the end of the day if it goes wrong then the onus is on you!

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
          X