Air Con Compressor Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con Compressor Replacement

Has anyone attempted to replace a compressor on the MK1 hatch. Mines a 2014 eco, clutch for the compressor has now failed and is not engaging so I’ve sourced a replacement but I’m aware that the system has to be drained of refrigerant before I attempt to remove it due to laws surrounding releasing the gas into the atmosphere.
    would anyone recommend a place that drains the system or can anyone provide some useful tips on the removal

I'd get a A/C engineer to drain it,mobile one,then get him back to check for leaks and regas for you.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I’m finding it tough to locate one in Birmingham to be honest, the change itself seems fairly simple. I’ve asked ATS and they’ve refused to drain it unless I pay them to carry out the repair

Comment

Typical of them!
        Has your system lost any gas or have you had it topped up?
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

It was topped up September last year it was working a couple of months ago when I went to Cornwall but last week was when I noticed the compressor clutch had failed and was no longer functioning, I can literally spin it on itself without applying any pressure, the difference in the one I’ve bought to replace it is clearly significant so it’s been fairly simple to diagnose the problem…that said, that’s hoping there isn’t any further issues but that’s looking unlikely as there is no noticeable leaks, condenser looks in great order too so no concerns there

Comment

Working...
          X