Oil filter failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil filter failure

Anyone found their oil filter in this state when replacing it? This was removed from a friends Insignia 1.6 diesel. The filter has become damaged. Been serviced by reputable, national, garage chain on a regular basis. I have my thoughts on it but wondered if it was a regular issue with the Insignia...
    Cheers for any comments.

I canny see the picture but there again I'm on titayalk.
    Dose the filter look like my blessed grandma without her false teeth.( I'm some weird people eyes that would be a dream )
    I've seen some cartridges filters look a bit weird.
    I've had a few look twisted and buckled .

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Better pic.. Large hole in it where the material has gone.

Comment

Thats like my wife's bum hole its still showing no entery!
        I don't know what medication your computer is on but that's one medication I don't want to use !
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221119-153235_Chrome.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	339110

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Never had a issue with any vauxhall oil filters. Even used one I've removed never actually look bad however I change the oil in my cars every 6-8k spring and autumn.

Though I wouldn't ever trust a national garage to change my oil. Halfrauds wanted 129.99. Never quite got how they could charge say 40 or less for parts and then 89.99 labour.

Comment

I had the "halfords experience " earlier this year ,not my choice of garage but it was to do with the warranty on my car !
            I had paid in advance for the full 90,000 service which includes cambelt and everything. ( peace of mind i thaught) .
            they collected it as promised, get a phone call from them saying and this is there words " won't be carrying out the cambelt replacement because the mileage on the car is 94,000 miles " i had no history of it being replaced. In all honesty I think they employ oil and filter wallies ,anything "technical " and there brain just goes to mush !
            and of course they do like to disconnect your dashcam on every visit!
            Bunch of ♤<><\~○●□♤《◇♧]}●⊙☆○▪︎~□♤》☆☆☆☆☆☆☆♤□□●\□|□□■!

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
            X