Engine Coolant/antifreeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Coolant/antifreeze

Hi All! With winter on its way I was looking to flush the coolant system out and replace the antifreeze/coolant can anyone recommend the most suitable coolant flusher & antifreeze for a 2016 Vauxhall Insignia CDTI thank you!

Flush with hosepipe, get a good quality antifreeze to suit.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Any quality coolant flusher is ok .I use fernox f3 in my car .cos I get it for free
      and pink antifreeze or vauxhall Dex cool is the correct vauxhall name
      just a note ,I've moved your thread into the correct section because its a service item .

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks, I've seen in this forum someone said to access the rad drainage point you need to remove the nearside wheel arch trim, can this be done without using a jack or removing the wheel? Thanks

Comment

Take bottom hose off if it's easier
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Hi Howy I have managed to drain the old, flush and refill with coolant/antifreeze. If you jack the car up a bit on the offside it gives you enough room to reach the drainage plug.

Comment

Make sure you 'bleed' the air out, heater set to hot, make sure heater is blowing hot air. Leave stand overnight, recheck coolant level -cold

Comment

Great thanks for the tip Howy when the car is cold should the level be almost up to the line/join around the expansion tank? I can’t actually see minimum or maximum levels anywhere why is that?

Comment

Comment

Hi Howy, the coolant level seems fine but I can definitely hear a bit of a sloshing noise from the heating matrix once the engine has warmed up ( plenty of hot air) I could hear it a bit before but maybe it needs bleeding again? I ran the engine for a good 20 minutes till it was nice and hot but couldn't see any sign of any leaks, maybe try a new expansion tank and cap?

Comment

Did you have the cap off when you ran it up to temperature ? As already said heaters up full and leave ticking over to self bleed. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ahhhh, no. I’ll try that today! Thanks

Comment

Heater up full heat, heater fan up full speed. Aircon on or off??

Comment

Either will do.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

So a couple of months after the coolant replacement and I still had a bit of a gurgling noise coming from the heater matrix. I went to top up the coolant a little bit the other day but the expansion tank cap broke in half and half of that was stuck inside the top of the tank! So replaced the tank and the cap and no more gurgling noises!! So if you plan to replace the coolant yourself and the expansion tank is looking a bit ropey then buy a new one with the money you have saved by doing it yourself!

Comment

Working...
                              X