Air-Con Hissing…..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air-Con Hissing…..

Sorry boys and girls, I had a little look but couldn’t find anything recent regarding this….and I’m new to the Insignia so please don’t kill me for several posts.

When I put my A/C on, even on fan level one. There is a hissing sound that I get, it sounds very ‘tinny’ and no cool air comes from the vents, it just blows the existing air around. The heat works….VERY well, but it still has the hiss even then.

Any idea, if video is allowed to be posted here I do have one to share.

cheers

I'va an older Insignia and mines hisses like a snake as well whenever A/C is pressed. I think its normal. It seems to be louder than on most other cars for some reason as I really noticed it as well when I first got my car.

It should blow cold though even at lower speeds, you might just need to get a re-gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
      I'va an older Insignia and mines hisses like a snake as well whenever A/C is pressed. I think its normal. It seems to be louder than on most other cars for some reason as I really noticed it as well when I first got my car.

It should blow cold though even at lower speeds, you might just need to get a re-gas.
      I was with a friend of mine in Car Giant today, while there I got a car for an Insignia of the same age as mine (19), put the A/C on fan lvl 1 and it was silent. So I don’t think it’s normal unfortunately, it can’t be normal for that sort of noise to be constant. I have to have music at 25+ volume to be able to not hear it

Comment

I'd get it to a Air Con engineer (or mobile one) and get the system checked.Could be a leak or expansion valve or matrix issue.
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
          I'd get it to a Air Con engineer (or mobile one) and get the system checked.Could be a leak or expansion valve or matrix issue.
          Luckily is still under its 90 day warranty from where I bought it from so they’re arranging to have it checked over and diagnosed. Just thought I’d ask here to see if anyone had experienced the same sort of thing

Comment

If its hissing when switched on, then you've a leak in the refrigerant pipes.

It'll be leaking Freon into the car, which isnt good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              If its hissing when switched on, then you've a leak in the refrigerant pipes.

It'll be leaking Freon into the car, which isnt good at all.
              I say hiss….it’s not a hiss like you would imagine a leak would sound, it’s hard to describe EXACTLY what sound I’m getting ‍♂️

Comment

Crikey. I think you actually answered your own question.
                Basically you asked if hissing sound was normal and the lack of cold air was normal!
                Well the answer to that is NO it means you have no refrigerant.and the hissing sound is the low state of charge because the gas is being super heated into a liquid.as there's not enough gas in the system so when this low state of gas gets heated it's producing steam that's the sound you are hearing.
                Then you say it's ok it's got a warranty and they have got some air conditioning chap taking care of it .

Sent from my A063 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Antics0708 View Post

I say hiss….it’s not a hiss like you would imagine a leak would sound, it’s hard to describe EXACTLY what sound I’m getting ‍♂️
                  What's the point of putting up that you have a hissing sound I'd you don't have it then???

An absolutely pointless thread.

Comment

Well, you did say "I'm new.....don't kill me"

Redeem yourself by making sure you post a result!

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

What's the point of putting up that you have a hissing sound I'd you don't have it then???

An absolutely pointless thread.
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                        Well, you did say "I'm new.....don't kill me"

Redeem yourself by making sure you post a result!
                        Not sure I’ll bother, to be fair. I’ll just get whatever the issue is sorted then get on with my life and not bother anybody here again. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by Antics0708 View Post

Thanks
                          Your weclome

Comment

Working...
                          X