Servicing my Insignia myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing my Insignia myself

The issue i have with main dealer service is you never get back on trade in what you have spent on service work. Try going to a main dealer for a trade in price and tell him the car has no service history then after you have you`re trade in price tell him it has and see how much difference it makes.

My son in law is a mechanic so any work i need doing (within reason) is done for a crate of Budweiser
    I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Just had mine done at local Indy for ?220 which was a main service.

Comment

But I trust my local garage ;-)

Comment

Or Madam!

Comment

carbonflash, on 03 November 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:
          Fuel filter is next to the fuel tank, you need to drain the water or replace it depending on mileage.??Oil filter is under the engine.

what do you mean by drain the water or replace mate??

Comment

andy-g, on 18 November 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:
            Fuel filter can be drained , but should be replaced every 2yr/40k

if I was to replace mine is it just a matter of unscrewing the housing taking out the filter and replacing with a new one Andy and would have have to do anything else???2.0c dti. Thanks

Comment

andy-g, on 18 November 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:
              Should be a case of replace cycle ignition on and off 3-4 times and good to go .

thanks Andy.??cycle as in turn the ignition on without starting the engine i take it ?

Comment

The purpose is just to prime the system. I guess if you didn't do it the engine would be starved of fuel for a few moments.

Comment

did it . simple 10 minute job. Cheers fellas

Comment

mka306, on 20 November 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:
                    How's the car running now then?

still the same ...looks like ill be replacing the intercooler hose ..

Comment

mka306, on 20 November 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:
                      Oh well at least it's had a service,

that's true.??noticed the hose was loose at the top clip so I'm hoping I only need the clip. any ideas how to take it off ?

Comment

Working...
                      X