Lowering springs V coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering springs V coilovers

I have fitted 20's to my insignia and need help in deciding which suspension mod to choose. Your thoughts and advise will be greatly appreciated.

Am I right in thinking the springs lower the car 30mm but mines an SRI which is lowered 15mm already thus lowering the car only 15mm more?

If so, will 15mm make much of an impact looks wise?

Comment

Thanks Andy, I'll see if I can find some pics too look at but it'd be nice to see one up close, maybe side by side with mine then I'd have a better idea of what it'd look like.

Comment

Nice one Neil, be good to see how it looks with a 40mm drop

Comment

The reason I've considered coilovers is that my nephew has slammed his golf GTI with a ?160 dirt cheap set and the ride isn't too bad so I was wondering if anyone had them on the siggy to compare with. Before driving the golf last week, coilovers weren't an option but now I'm not so sure.

Comment

Not a bad idea Greg, if the cheap set look ok and aren't??too bad of a ride I could invest in a high end, quality set-up. If not, sell the coilovers and buy lowering springs.

Think you just helped me decide......thanks

Comment

Hi,

don?t save on Parts.

the Jom and the FK Parts are very Low Budget Products and the Quality is very poor.

If you use only Lowering Springs, then H&Ror Eibach is a good choice.

if you search for an good adjustable Kit, then use KW. A judge deep variant from the KW are from www.gepfeffert.com. see Pic

Comment

Eibach & spacers. I wouldn't save and buy budget parts, you may get knocking/rattling noise & rubbish ride quality. Always go for well known brands, i learnt my mistake.

IN MEMORY OF NIGHTSCREAM THE 1.6 TURBO SRI NAV
                Now driving - Mazda 6 Tourer SE-L Lux Nav+ 2.0 143 Skyactiv-G

Comment

I really fancy coilovers but have a set of 17's with snow tyres for really bad weather and my 18's with brand new conti's for the rest of the winter. Would these be ok with coilovers or is it a????"no go"?

Comment

Nice one Neil, looks like it's gonna be coilovers. Just need to decide on which ones, think I'd rather save a while and get a descent set though.

Comment

Working...
                    X