X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triangle tyres

dibble, on 03 June 2014 - 11:32 PM, said:
    I don't like to be cheap on tyres.

No problems of any sort and still have never had any - wear, grip, noise, fuel, all fine.

Thing is, I have never had any feeling that they have been about to let go in any weather.

Just goes to show that you don't need to be a tyre snob! There are many cheaper tyres now from little known names which can perform almost or just as well as the expensive well known brands.

JDR, on 04 June 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:
    Do the tyres on the rear make much of a difference on a front wheel drive car, would the front not be the important ones, or am I talking nonsense?

I would want tyres I can trust on the rear too as you don't want to be losing the rear end.

The "ditch finders" seem to be a thing of the past know. I have Achilles on my car (from the stealers) and although I moaned about them at the start I`ve never had any problems.
    I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

There is a brand called CLEAR, i had these that came with aftermarket wheels and they are indeed ditch finders and cracked on inner sidewall within a year.

IN MEMORY OF NIGHTSCREAM THE 1.6 TURBO SRI NAV
      Now driving - Mazda 6 Tourer SE-L Lux Nav+ 2.0 143 Skyactiv-G

Comment

Had a pair of these on the front, very confidence inspiring, but they only lasted 11k - and I'm too old to misbehave

Comment

Working...
        X