Front end knock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front end knock!

Mine does exactly the same and vauxhall changed the same components on mine too. I still get a knock too.

I reckon it's the actual anti roll bar bushes as these can knock even if they look ok.

Going to get mine done next month hopefully

Have the same with mine VX replaced nearly all the front suspension but the noise remained. I live with it .

Comment

Any chance you can take a picture of the offending pipe?

Comment

You can't miss it karl when you take front drivers side wheel off
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I'll have to have a little look tomorrow. Cheers guys.

Comment

Digging up an old thread but I've found out what the problem is... On my car at least anyway.

The brake pads had no copper grease on the back of them and it gave them a very slight bit of play. I took them out, put on plenty of copper grease, refitted and the noise has completely gone. Easy and cheap fix!

Comment

petrolhead55, on 01 January 2015 - 10:20 PM, said:
              spring is ok . strut top bearings are gonna be a lot cheaper than a cv joint i would imagine .
              51 quid a side from europarts for strut mount bearings,,,recommended to change the pair
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
              X