Tyre recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre recommendations

I've got some nexen ones on at the minute. Seem good in the wet although can't comment on wear yet.

Hello, I need 2x new tyres for mine. (225/55/17)

As I do ~35k p/a to work and back I am going to go for Goodyear EffecientGrip Performance.

Cost is about ?250 fitted.

I had these on the vec-c and they are amazingly quiet and grippy and depending on driving style they can last about 20-25k miles.

Comment

I found the Goodyears very noisy. The Nankangs are a great all round tyre and a very reasonable cost.

Comment

AfroSamurai, on 26 June 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:
        I had Goodyear efficient grip on my old car and were poor in the wet I've heard similar michelins aren't too good in the wet either

These are the replacements for the efficient grip and get a b rating on rain performance, slight change of name to "efficient grip performance". Never experienced any poor handling on either current car or vec-c personally, but appreciate your feedback.

Got some really good reviews on auto express etc.

Comment

Scotty, on 26 June 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:
          I found the Goodyears very noisy. The Nankangs are a great all round tyre and a very reasonable cost.

I find them really quiet compared to other tyres, only had nankangs once - for me, never again, found them scary in the wet (it was on an older car and a few years ago, to be fair)

Comment

What size you running on? The Goodyear F1s I had on my 20s were awful!

Comment

Dunlop sport maxx rt are brilliant. Had them on my 17s. Now have a set on my 19s. Done over 20k miles on them. Great grip wet and dry. And low noise

Comment

Scotty, on 26 June 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:
                What size you running on? The Goodyear F1s I had on my 20s were awful!

Lowly 17" on mine, run at 38psi.

The db rating is 69 which is lower than the older model "effecient grip" too.

The f1's are louder because of the "arrow" shape tread pattern as far as I am aware.

Comment

Hi guys

I am currentky using Jinyu on the fronts - been to Eastern Europe and back - handles well on dry wet and slit. LOw noise and fuel efficent too.

Got the pair fitted and balanced for ?120 both.245 45 18 ZR XL 100W

They are still full of thread. I am happy with these since I am also doing about 30K a year.

Comment

Dont buy 2nd hand tyres unless you can guarantee its history. And a random ebay seller cant be trusted. Only reason i would sell a 2nd hand tyre is if i had upgraded my alloys and was selling the old ones.

Why dunlop winter tyres? Continentals are better from the reviews I've seen or pirellis

Comment

Working...
                    X