Squeaking !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaking !

Hi everyone my 2011 insignia is making a squeaking noise when driving. I’ve thought it may be the the rear discs which were showing signs of wear so I’ve had them replaced and at the same time got the fronts cleaned and lubricated. It doesn’t seem like it’s helped. I’m trying to upload a video of the noise but i can’t seem to upload it

I note you say discs are replaced, however what about the pads? They have a tuning fork on which, as the pads get low to the point of coming up for replacing, the fork begins to clip on the disc making a squeaking noise. This noise stops when you apply the brakes. I'd check this first. Might simply be pad renewal.

Comment

Pads were replaced at same time. Fronts were done a few thousand miles ago and were checked and callipers lubricated etc at same
      time. It’s driving me mental !

Comment

Dose the squeaking change when you go faster or slower ?
        or is it at a constant pitch ?
        is it there at idle ?
        10-45 rubber tuna fish!

J.K.M.P.C.U

Comment

Been for another drive today and it doesn’t get faster as I speed up. I think it’s the brakes .... after pressing them a few times the noise starts but it comes and goes but stops when I brake. I’ve had the front brakes cleaned and and calipers lubricated etc and it’s just had new discs and pads at the rear

Comment

Did you take the front pads out and check the pad surface for glazing ?
            It's always good to get a bit of sand paper and rough up the pad surface.check rears as well.
            19-45 plastic surgery!

Sent from my Nokia 4.2 using Tapatalk

J.K.M.P.C.U

Comment

I got the garage to do it as I have no idea what I’m doing when it comes to cars!! Had the kids in the car Listening it’s defo coming From front wheel , stops at higher speeds and stops when I hit the brakes ...

Comment

I would be taking it back if the garage did the job and it was ok before then there is something not quite right.
                45_67 rubber knickers!

Sent from my Nokia 4.2 using Tapatalk

J.K.M.P.C.U

Comment

I took it to the garage because it was making the noise. I knew rears needed doing so just got it done assuming it would stop the squeak but it hasn’t

Comment

I would take the car back to that garage and let them check, at the end of the day we don't know what they done and what brand have they fitted and as you didn't replace them your self it would be very hard to diagnose.

Comment